Dealing with Craigslist Idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with Craigslist Idiots

Got way more guitars than I know what to do with and have been selling off a few lately. I don't like to sell on eBay because of the ridiculous fees, possibility of shipping damage and that 5-10% of buyers that you will absolutely never make happy and just want to be a pain in the ass.

Therefore, I've been selling stuff on Craigslist. The Craigslist idiots drive me absofuckinglutely crazy ! None of these fucks have any money. All they want to do is lowball and waste hours and hours of my time. I've gotten to the point that I just put up a price and list it as FIRM CASH PRICE, NOT INTERSTED IN OFFERS FOR LESS. I mean seriously, how hard is that to understand ???

One guitar I have up now has in the ad:

Price is $950 CASH ONLY - FIRM CASH PRICE
    * Not interested in offers for less, don't waste your time, lowballers will be ignored and blocked.
    * Not interested in trades
    * Not interested in payments
    * Not interested in anything other than $950 CASH ONLY

Serious inquiries only please from those with cash in hand and ready to buy today.

OK, so why is that so hard to understand ? I still keep getting fucking morons who want to text for 2 straight days and then offer less. When I won't come down on the price, they cuss me out and act like complete douchebags. This keeps happening again and again and again.

How do you deal with these fucking people who can't read and comprehend simple English ?

Will you take $600?

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
      Will you take $600?
      You forgot to include your phone number so I can block you in Google Voice.

Comment

Dude, I hear you.

It sucks selling anything these days with the economy so bad.

I think a lot of dickheads just get their rocks off giving low ball offers with no intention of buying.

Face to face gets rid of a lot of that bs. Unfortunately that is not possible that often anymore....

Comment

The economy joke is played out. If circumstances are so dire, then you can't afford to spend money on gear. If you can't afford the asking price, move along. It's really that simple, and that's how it was long before "the economy".

Add to that the people who have the eye on resale profit, and it makes you want to forget about selling altogether.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            The economy joke is played out. If circumstances are so dire, then you can't afford to spend money on gear. If you can't afford the asking price, move along. It's really that simple, and that's how it was long before "the economy".

Add to that the people who have the eye on resale profit, and it makes you want to forget about selling altogether.
            Yeah, I even had one asshole email and tell me that my price didn't leave him enough room to make his profit. Really motherfucker ? Since when is it my job to wholesale you shit so you can make a profit on it ?

Comment

I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but I have had the same luck as you for the last couple of years. Both selling and buying has been a complete pain in the ass! Not that seller pricing has been the problem, but just complete scam listings for the f*%K of it. I have had (2) in the last 6 months, and they don't even hide it. Its like people are bored and just want to screw with you. Have you tried Reverb? I did my first transaction as a buyer a couple of months ago for my Diezel rig and it was awesome! The fees seem reasonable, and as a seller you don't have to accept offers if you don't want to. For the most part, and the time being, the membership hasn't been taken over by assholes.
              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                Yeah, I even had one asshole email and tell me that my price didn't leave him enough room to make his profit. Really motherfucker ? Since when is it my job to wholesale you shit so you can make a profit on it ?
                They've been watching too many pawn store shows on TV!
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I was selling a almost brand new Mesa amp, the Mark V:25 at a time when you couldn't find one in stores and they were at or above list on ebay. I had some dickhead whittle me down to what I paid for it and I was happy to sell it to him but then he wanted me to meet him @ Guitar Center to make the deal because he had to go there for some reason with a friend. He told me where he was coming from and it would have been the same distance for him to go to GC as to come here and pick it up. He then tells me that he wanted me to go meet him because it would be add an extra 15 miles to his trip for him to pick it up and get this....his car uses PREMIUM GAS!!!!!! I told him no thanks and that I was already giving him a good deal and my weekend/family time is too valuable. Wow did that set him off. He starts accusing me of saying his time is worthless and he is poor and it goes downhill from there fast. I blocked him and pulled it from CL and sold it promptly on Reverb for more to a guy who was happy and nice.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                    At least he was honest about it.
                    Which is much nicer than the ones that try to hide their flipper status.

My pet peeve is the guys that will get snippy when you turn down their offer.

Comment

And then there are the assholes that want you to drive 50+ miles to meet them, just hoping they actually show up. They are the same people who when you meet them try to talk down the agreed upon price. That's why I always put in my ad: "You pick up in SE Xxxxxxx".

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                        Have you tried Reverb? I did my first transaction as a buyer a couple of months ago for my Diezel rig and it was awesome! The fees seem reasonable, and as a seller you don't have to accept offers if you don't want to. For the most part, and the time being, the membership hasn't been taken over by assholes.
                        I had a couple guitars on Reverb earlier in the year. After a few months, some guy just bought my Strat for the $950 asking price without even contacting me, just hit the buy it now and sent the cash through Paypal right away. I was shocked, but the transaction was pretty flawless.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
                          I was selling a almost brand new Mesa amp, the Mark V:25 at a time when you couldn't find one in stores and they were at or above list on ebay. I had some dickhead whittle me down to what I paid for it and I was happy to sell it to him but then he wanted me to meet him @ Guitar Center to make the deal because he had to go there for some reason with a friend. He told me where he was coming from and it would have been the same distance for him to go to GC as to come here and pick it up. He then tells me that he wanted me to go meet him because it would be add an extra 15 miles to his trip for him to pick it up and get this....his car uses PREMIUM GAS!!!!!! I told him no thanks and that I was already giving him a good deal and my weekend/family time is too valuable. Wow did that set him off. He starts accusing me of saying his time is worthless and he is poor and it goes downhill from there fast. I blocked him and pulled it from CL and sold it promptly on Reverb for more to a guy who was happy and nice.
                          Sounds like he was going to walk it into GC and put it on the consignment block, or trade it for something he couldn't afford outright.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I tried to buy a used SL2HT from a guy 3 years ago only to be repeatedly given the run around. I found another SL2HT and that dope still has his for sale.
                            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Selling on CL is a pain, but theres not a ton of alternatives. Pawn shops, GC, mom and pops all ask for a big piece of the pie. Ebay just sucks, and I cant speak of Reverb. I just look it the Dbags as a part of selling.

Comment

Working...
                              X