Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls

Well, here's the new single, Speed Of Light

So can't wait to get the album, this sounds fantastic to me. A few small issues but not concerned, it's brilliant.

I get my preorder in about a month back 8~)
    Sounds good, hopefully Bruces's voice has come through the cancer treatment ok.

Comment

Gotta say enjoyed the video
      But I hope Maiden as usual puts the lesser compositions as single, because this isn't what I would call 'their best effort'
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

nice...old school vibe!
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

--go on 2-minute tirade on how religion is bullshit
          --sing Hallowed Be Thy Name shortly afterwards

Yeah Bruce did this back in 2010.

I look forward to seeing them live again because I've seen them live more than any other band and plan on adding to it, but I really hope Bruce doesn't say anything stupid next time.

Comment

Not sure why Bruce shouldn't go on about religion, it's his opinion and he's a legend so why shouldn't he voice it? Would it have been better if he'd sung "Man of Sorrows" instead? Organized religion IS bullshit, just ask anyone on the receiving end of ISIS.

I fucking love the new song, I hope the rest of the album is as catchy and doesn't have loads of boring acoustic intros and outros. Just fucking get into the main riff, kick ass, trade solos, and out again.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
              Not sure why Bruce shouldn't go on about religion, it's his opinion and he's a legend so why shouldn't he voice it? Would it have been better if he'd sung "Man of Sorrows" instead? Organized religion IS bullshit, just ask anyone on the receiving end of ISIS.

I fucking love the new song, I hope the rest of the album is as catchy and doesn't have loads of boring acoustic intros and outros. Just fucking get into the main riff, kick ass, trade solos, and out again.
              How many of their songs have some spiritual/religious theme to them?

Does that bring it into focus? The opening to Number of the Beast comes straight out of the Bible even.

He's free to complain about it all he wants but when heavily-spiritual/religious songs have been his cash cow for almost four decades it's a bit out of place.

Comment

There's far more important things to deal with than Bruce putting his foot in it, let's just enjoy the music & leave the soap opera to Blabbermouth.

Comment

Leaked but not I'm not downloading it, rather enjoy the experience old school. Have heard bits of each song though & it sounds pretty awesome, looks like we are finally getting the Maiden we've been waiting for all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                    Leaked but not I'm not downloading it, rather enjoy the experience old school. Have heard bits of each song though & it sounds pretty awesome, looks like we are finally getting the Maiden we've been waiting for all these years.
                    Nah I'm not downloading it either. Not in any rush, got the new Nile album to listen to until Maiden and Slayer's CDs drop through my door.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Got it, listened to it & have put it aside til the disappointment has worn off

Comment

If you don't mind, could you explain the disappointment? I haven't gotten it yet (no pre-order or anything) and am greatly curious, as I am NOT a fan of the first single. Thanks!
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Production is still ordinary, some good songs while others could've been but spoilt by needless extended repetition on boring noodly single note melodies played by all 3 guitars, the so-called 18min Bruce masterpiece is.....well, i can't put into words, maybe 'nonsense'? The biggest clanger is how badly it's all played, sloppy incoherent mush.

Now that's out of the way, I do like If Eternity Should Fail, Speed Of Light, Death Or Glory, & Tears Of A Clown, the title track isn't too bad, most of what's left had so much potential but they just couldn't manage it,

Comment

I might add, don't bother wasting money on toms as broken buckets seem to do just as good a job

Comment

gotcha. thanks!
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X