New Portable Protection Day - M&P 9C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Portable Protection Day - M&P 9C

Picked up some portable personal protection. Smith & Wesson M&P 9C. I now have to sit through a 4hour class in order to get a concealed carry permit.

12 round mag + 1 in the chamber. Pretty compact which is what I wanted as I plan to carry all of the time once I get a CCW. It will also take a 17 round mag
    shawnlutz.com

Nice carry piece! We have to take a firearms safety class in West Virginia for our concealed carry permit too. Our class was pretty good as the instructor was real good. Of course the best part of ours was the actual proving of firearms safety and control of the weapon on the range.

My wife's best friend's husband is a West Virginia State Trooper, and so is two of her sons. Her oldest son was attacked by a drunk at a local Wal Mart yesterday while answering a call the drunk was disturbing the peace. The drunk ended up taking his billy club and beating the shit out of him. Fortunately some civilians intervened and took down the drunk. I told my wife that's why I carry all the time because of idiots like that. Suddenly my wife is starting to open her eyes to the fact that it's not a safe world out there.

http://www.bdtonline.com/news/georgi...429a265b5.html

Comment

I haven't purchased a gun in like forever, first pistol in Texas. I was in and out in 25 minutes after the online background check. I was a little surprised on the ease but hey, I'm a law abiding citizen without any felonies or mental health issues so it should be easy. I've never been big on handguns and AR' but the world in which we live in gave me a change of heart. Its just too crazy out there.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Nice! And no mag safety.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

In Connecticut you have to go to an all day course, pass a test and a shooting test. Then.. you have to get all your paperwork and references and submit them to your local police station so that they can send them off for background checks which takes about 6 months. Then.... if you pass... you get your temporary 30 day CCW and within that time you have to go to the state trooper barracks to get your 5 year CCW. Its about a 6 month process min with a cost of about $300 total.
          I was just at the range last night shooting that same gun but the M&P compact 40. Its a great gun with a really nice trigger. I like the trigger better than my Glock but I think my Glock shoots better.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            I haven't purchased a gun in like forever, first pistol in Texas. I was in and out in 25 minutes after the online background check. I was a little surprised on the ease but hey, I'm a law abiding citizen without any felonies or mental health issues so it should be easy. I've never been big on handguns and AR' but the world in which we live in gave me a change of heart. Its just too crazy out there.
            Congrats my friend! Practice lots, get familiar with it...
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Got a Para 1911 Expert Carry .45 now too
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
              X