John Mayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Mayer

I just am midway through watching the 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    And, I gotta tell ya, I was a little disappointed seeing John Mayer playing his Strat again. Sure, he was inducting Stevie Ray Vaughn, but I was hoping to see that pink Soloist in action again.

However, what I was really confused about...
    His voice sounds more like SRV than Jimmie Vaughn does.
    He doesn't have the 'balls' to do the rougher stuff SRV did, but his regular voice - I had thought that Jimmie was singing because of the similarities. Then I saw it was John.

Has anyone else noticed this?

If you can't watch the entire show, I found this quick clip on YT.

Getting bored with him and Joe Bonamassa to be honest.
    Yeah they are excellent players but getting kind of meh.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I enjoyed the song he did with Ed Sheeran when he was hosting the Tonight Show. I thought he funked the song up nicely. I have respect for anyone that can sing and play mistake free at the same time, I can barely pull off breathing and playing at the same time.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, after 30+ years I still can't play and sing at the same time. Not even a little bit.
        I guess you either 'have it' or you don't.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I quit smoking after almost 30 years.
          And with all of the renewed air capacity in my lungs, my singing became so powerful that I damaged my vocal cords.

Comment

I thought that was by far the weakest performance of the show. Being a HUGE SRV fan, I couldn't get pack the absolute "zero" energy performance by all of them. Watching the SRV clips before they performed showed such an explosive, creative, inspiring soulful player. What was on that stage, playing his songs, were lifeless, uninspired wastes of time. Too bad the hall did reach out to a better generation of musicians to play a tribute to Stevie.
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
            X