Polish circle 11 underfolder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish circle 11 underfolder.

Found this in a pawn shop and almost passed it up because it had a very badly done krylon paint job on it.
    Polish parts kit made by Vector Arms on an Armory USA 1.6 mil receiver.
    Cleaned all the paint off and it got it back into shape.
    I have added Polish plum furniture and taken the scope off since then.

Last edited by straycat; 05-16-2015, 02:04 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Damn nice score. I passed on a painted WASR for real cheap a few years ago. Now that I know how easy paint is to remove I still kick myself over it. An AK underfolder is close to the top of my want list! Radom makes some good stuff!

Comment

I went to RTG's site to buy a Radom receiver top cover and saw a set of Polish plum furniture so I ordered it too.
      Its a bit more brown than plum but I like it OK.
      Plum colors vary a whole lot so you never know what you will get.
      The guy that owned the gun had one of those top covers with a rail on it but with an underfolder a scope is useless.
      He filed down part of the rear sight base to make his scope fit so I fixed that by putting a Williams rear peep sight on it.
      All matching numbers parts kit except the receiver cover.
      Looking at prices for guns made from full Polish kits I can double my money when I sell it so thats a plus.
      The trunnion date is 1981 btw.

Here you can see the awful paint that was on it
      Last edited by straycat; 05-16-2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

If it was a WASR 10/63 I would have jumped on it.
        The 10/63's have the Romanian chrome lined hammer forged barrels.Forged front trunnions with the arsenal markings and date of mfg. These were demilled guns.
        I have a 1966 and a 1973 10/63 and love both the guns.
        No canted sights or misaligned trunnions. They both run perfectly but are a bit used looking because they are Iraqi bring backs that Centerfire systems had.
        They both look like this and have Balkin War battle field stock sets on them.
        Last edited by straycat; 05-17-2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Love Radom!

Here's mine. Got the kit a Knob Creek MG shoot and it was assembled by CMP Armory in Dallas, NC

Mine is an '83.

Comment

Thats a nice one pitbull.
            Had a blast at Knob Creek last month.
            So much cool stuff.

Comment

I have a WASR 10/63 too. It's an earlier Century import side folder. Mine didn't have the famous canted sight or misaligned trunion either. If I remember right, mine is early 70's marked. Mine has been flawless, and it's probably the only semi-auto that I've ran real real hard. It's never missed a beat at all. If I have to bug out, it's going with me. Perfect truck gun for me.

Comment

My two WASR 10/63's are everything an AK should be.Rugged,reliable and fun to shoot.
                I have a lot of trigger time on both guns and its not a problem to pop steel targets out at 250 yds with either of them.

Comment

I have a Polish Kbkg wz. 1960 on a milled Arsenal receiver... I have literally never seen an ak with machining and bluing so well done. It is also the smoothest cycling AK I've ever shot... and I've shot and owned quite a few in my time. Hands down butter smooth. Makes all the AK type rifles I've owned feel kind of crappy... and that's including a Valmet, Galil, my Mitchell Arms Yugo M90AB2 underfolder, whatever.

Polish quality was right up there during the cold war. Best parts kit I've ever bought, really. Don't have a picture of it, sorry. lol
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Xeno this one is smooth too and it doesn't look like the hammer has been tweaked.
                    I had to file my WASR hammers to get them to get smooth action.
                    I have to say the quality on this one is much better than most AK's.

Comment

I've gotta figure out how to go about getting an AK! This Republik of Maryland is making it wicked fucking difficult. If I could claim residence of another state I'd go that route but I don't want to be shady about it.
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Move to free America might be the only way LOL

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          Xeno this one is smooth too and it doesn't look like the hammer has been tweaked.
                          I had to file my WASR hammers to get them to get smooth action.
                          I have to say the quality on this one is much better than most AK's.
                          Polish parts are some of the best... you'd probably have to go East German or early Russian... maybe early Hungarian to get that kind of quality. 80's Chinese commercial maybe... some of those milled imports were really, really nice, all things considered. Yugo milling is nice, but the Polish is definitely a small step up in terms of deburring and bluing.

The only really nice WASRs were the first batch that actually used 'milspec' (I use that term lightly... just meaning actual military grade) parts. The single stack guns are actually really well done. But going back to double stack...by the 3rd or 4th large batch, they had gone really quick from nice to mediocre... but got a little better over the next couple years. Some of the batches had to have used mostly out of spec parts... at one point 3-4 out of 10 wouldn't work out of the box. lol You can make them function really well by putting a few hours into grinding and honing a bit... they do break in. The only worse AKs that hit the market were the MAADIs. The only thing going for those were they were nearly correct spec Russian AKM pattern. WASRs are functional, for the most part... they're good for a budget collection, but I'd never consider one a primary.

Comment

The WASR 10/63's are military grade parts kits with a US receiver and the other 922r compliant parts.
                            The WASR 10's are commercial grade but still OK guns.
                            They are a good choice for a first AK.

Comment

I was talking about factory WASRs. Not talking about the 922r parts guns. Those are inconsistent as well. Some kits are really nice, some were kinda crap. Overall functionality was dependent on who actually built them, for the most part.

I remember wanting one of the RPKs badly, until they actually came in. I think we got like 20 or 30 of them in... nearly half of them required some minor work. Fit was meh, finish was horribly over-parkerized. But they cleaned up kinda ok.

Arsenal USA made a bunch of nice parts kit rifles.

Comment

Working...
                              X