PSL stock set done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSL stock set done.

Bought a Rhineland Arms tiger maple stock set and had it stained in Russian red by my friend Roy at rsguitarworks.
    He did a great job IMO.

Really? well screw Mark Twain.

That looks great, brother.

Comment

Thanks.
      I was afraid the red was going to kill the flame in the wood. He was able to get it all to match by adding toner to the clear coat.

Comment

Damn son that is one hell of a nice looking rifle! Well fuggin' done!!!

Comment

Thanks Razor.
          Its a tack driver too.

Comment

Is that 7A flame ?

Comment

Not sure but it looks nice LOL

Comment

This thing is beautiful. What kind of accuracy do you get out of it?
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

The only paper targets I shot were at 330 yds.
                  I did manage to shoot pretty decent groups. 1 3shot group had two holes touching and one flyaway which was my fault.
                  Another 3 shot group were with in 2 inches of each other. The last group was not as tight.
                  That was my first time on the gun so I didn't have a good feel for it.
                  Can't wait to take it out with the new stock on it because the buttstock is longer than the original plus it has a cheek riser so it should be way more comfy to shoot.

Comment

This is with surplus ammo? If so it sounds quite amazing. 2 inches at 330 yards is less than 1 MOA (even if it's for an ocasional group). Even with match grade ammo this is still pretty good, imo. Do you think your barrel just heated up before the last group which caused it to have a wider spread?
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

The ammo were hand loads w/ 147 grain bullets.I wouldn't think that surplus ammo wouldn't shoot that tight a group.
                      I'm sure there was some luck involved too.I'm a decent long range shooter and had some training but not what I would call an expert.
                      For sure on the barrel heating up and getting wider groups they are known for that.
                      The 8X42 Belarus PSO scope had something to do with it too. The BDC helped too.
                      Again I think I just got lucky.LOL
                      The guy that was spotting for me is a whiz with Russian scopes and he helped me zero it in.
                      Last edited by straycat; 05-18-2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X