Another Mosin Nagant in the fold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Mosin Nagant in the fold

Picked up a Finnish M28 Mosin Nagant in a Ski Trooper stock today for a good price. Rifle just kind of fell into my lap, and it's in good shape. I wasn't so sure at first as when I looked down the bore I was worried it would end up being a sewer pipe because it was so caked with crud. I could make out some solid rifling, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it as the price was very good.

Spent this evening cleaning it up, with a couple of hours spent on the bore. Rifling ended up being nice and strong, with some minor pitting in the lands in the top third of the barrel. Bore ended up looking much better than I thought it was going to, and muzzle wear is real good too. Glad I went ahead and picked it up. Headspace checks great, and function test with dummy ammo is good to go too. I'll be interested to see how this one shoots. Figured I'd post this one up as bombtek is a sucker for Mosin's. Hell, I am too for that matter!

Very nice score Razor congratz
    Rich

Comment

rab! :-)
      I'm waiting on my Mosin's great great grandchild to arrive sometime later today. I pulled the trigger on a Molot Vepr 20" barrel in 54r. I had too many cases of surplus to burn thru...needed to go semi auto LOL
      Still gonna rock the Mosins tho...they're GREAT rifles.
      Update:
      Vepr is here :-)
      Chilling with some stable mates
      Last edited by bombtek; 05-14-2015, 10:33 PM.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I was really thinking of buying a 91/30, then i decided I should probably just get a K31 if I'm gonna get a surplus rifle.

Now I'll probably wait and get a Savage Hog Hunter sometime and reload .308.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
          rab! :-)
          I'm waiting on my Mosin's great great grandchild to arrive sometime later today. I pulled the trigger on a Molot Vepr 20" barrel in 54r. I had too many cases of surplus to burn thru...needed to go semi auto LOL
          Still gonna rock the Mosins tho...they're GREAT rifles.
          Update:
          Vepr is here :-)
          Chilling with some stable mates
          Still waiting on some pictures of more 54r goodness.

Comment

Passed the bullet test for sure.
            Those Finnish guns are hard to find good score.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Last edited by bombtek; 05-18-2015, 11:25 AM.
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post

Hope this works.\
                4 Mosins on the door.
                Star Model B on the shelf.
                High Point 995TS on the floor next to the Vepr.
                Couple more Mosins tucked awayin the corner.
                Looks like you're stocked up pretty good on 54r spam cans too!!!

Comment

That's some of it...:-)

Comment

Working...
                  X