Anyone familiar with G2RIP ammunition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
    It's kind of sick actually. Everytime I look for something different I always come back to Winchester and Remington.

What do you boys think of this...http://www.sgammo.com/product/45-aut...hollow-point-r

I'll be living at the range for a while, I should post my targets.
    Subsonic. Get a can. Have lots of fun.

Decent price. I'm usually not very picky when it comes to buying plinking ammo but I usually avoid subsonic ammunition. Subsonic may have trouble cycling if you have a heavy recoil spring. It can bring out a number of issues on a gun that isn't relatively well sorted. If you can quick change to a lighter recoil spring (if even necessary) then go for it.

Honestly, I'm not very picky about my handgun ammunition as long as it isn't crap and isn't some advertised Copkiller/Zombie/James Bond ammo.

The only defense ammo I'm picky about buying is M855 5.56 for my AR and 7.62N Match for my bolts... Black Hills, GMM or M118/M118LR. And I won't touch it unless I can get at least 500 rounds of the stuff. But if I'm breaking in a barrel, M80 ball works just fine. M80 ball for my M1A. It does not get any of the fancy ammo because it doesn't matter in that gun.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Cool! Thanks xeno I appreciate it. I'll look in to you r recommendations.

Comment

Now I know what load to use if attacked by killer watermelons
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

To be very honest I wouldn't use this stuff.
          The base did over penetrate which is what you don't want for a home defense round.
          Corbon or some other defense round would do just as well.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            Now I know what load to use if attacked by killer watermelons
            In the military we had killer tomatoes.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            To be very honest I wouldn't use this stuff.
            The base did over penetrate which is what you don't want for a home defense round.
            Corbon or some other defense round would do just as well.
            Cool I'll look them up. Thanks man.

Comment

I couldn't find Corbon anywhere so for the .45 I just picked up Remington HTP jacketed hollow point.

Oh I bought a chainsaw too.

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
                I couldn't find Corbon anywhere so for the .45 I just picked up Remington HTP jacketed hollow point.

Oh I bought a chainsaw too.
                Is your daughter turning 16 or something?
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Shot placement is the key most any ammo will knock down a perp.
                  All the fancy ammo hype is just that.... hype.
                  Winchester had the black talon ammo and it got media attention as a cop killer round so they stopped making it and the story went away.
                  In reality Winchester still made the ammo just changed the color of the projectile and the packaging.
                  Called it SXT and everything was fine. SXT stood for "same exact thing" from what I have read.
                  I have some SXT 9mm and it is OK ammo for the home but I think ball ammo would do the trick either way.
                  Attached Files
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    Is your daughter turning 16 or something?
                    Haha! No just need it to do some work at my Uncle's ranch. Gonna clear some trees then build a nice shed.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Shot placement is the key most any ammo will knock down a perp.
                    All the fancy ammo hype is just that.... hype.
                    Winchester had the black talon ammo and it got media attention as a cop killer round so they stopped making it and the story went away.
                    In reality Winchester still made the ammo just changed the color of the projectile and the packaging.
                    Called it SXT and everything was fine. SXT stood for "same exact thing" from what I have read.
                    I have some SXT 9mm and it is OK ammo for the home but I think ball ammo would do the trick either way.
                    Black Talon's is exactly what I originally wanted. Winchester's are my fav.

Comment

Working...
                    X