No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with G2RIP ammunition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with G2RIP ammunition?

It now comes in 45acp and just destroys your insides. Obviously it's for self defense.

You shouldn't use self-defense ammo unless you can afford to train with it, IMO.

And stuff like that is unnecessary and way overpriced.

But if it makes you feel better, than go for it I guess.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ignore the fake Russian accent, and just pay attention to the results.

Being Canadian, I'm not really a gun guy other than following what I've read over many years, but for a 'home/indoor defense' type round where I was worried about overpenetration, I would stick with the grandaddy Glaser Safety Slugs.
      Last edited by Hellbat; 02-23-2015, 03:27 PM.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        You shouldn't use self-defense ammo unless you can afford to train with it, IMO.

And stuff like that is unnecessary and way overpriced.

But if it makes you feel better, than go for it I guess.
        I hear ya xeno. SGammo.com has them and from what I've seen they tear your innards to shreds.

Comment

Watch this series of videos from the mid 80's for some good tests on the Glaser...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Ignore it. Total shit.

Comment

The Federal 230gr HST or the good old Gold Dot are the standard in self defense ammo in a .45.

The only thing a handgun can reliably kill is yourself. Just carry with a quality, reputable JHP and get on with living.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

Ignore the fake Russian accent, and just pay attention to the results.
                Those aren't results. That's a bunch of marketing bullshit.

Fucking watermelons? Seriously?

The same people who buy into this are the same ones who argue the merit of the Taurus Judge for self-defense. "But...it's a HANDGUN SHOTGUN!"

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
                  I hear ya xeno. SGammo.com has them and from what I've seen they tear your innards to shreds.
                  Ammo like that is only created to take advantage of people who don't know better, IMO.

Get some Gold Dot, like DRM suggested. Or Hydra Shok, SilverTips or even SXTs... Winchester Ranger if you can find it.

Shot placement is what matters. Any decent hollow point is sufficient.

Comment

Shot placement is what matters. Any decent hollow point is sufficient.
                    This. Right here.

Crush the sternum.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                      Those aren't results. That's a bunch of marketing bullshit.

Fucking watermelons? Seriously?

The same people who buy into this are the same ones who argue the merit of the Taurus Judge for self-defense. "But...it's a HANDGUN SHOTGUN!"
                      I fully agree on the watermelon front. I was primarily posting that vid for the ballistics gel shot. Unfortunately even the ballistics gel is a shitty example of a person with bones, wearing clothes made out of tough stuff like leather or high strength nylon.

I'd take the advice of experience over marketing any day of the week. Listen to David.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the other video/series I linked. Other than the overtly cheesy 80's production quality of course.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Ok cool thanks fellas. I'll stick with Winchester and Remington.

Everything I've read screams feed jam.
                        Last edited by ZL1hawk; 02-24-2015, 02:34 AM.

Comment

The fanciest ammo in the world won't do shit if you can't hit what you're aiming at.

If you can hit what you're aiming at, fancy ammo won't matter either.

That being said, even if that crap feeds consistently, it's still a useless gimmick designed to strip you of your money.

Comment

The fanciest ammo in the world won't do shit if you can't hit what you're aiming at.

If you can hit what you're aiming at, fancy ammo won't matter either.

That being said, even if that crap feeds consistently, it's still a useless gimmick designed to strip you of your money.
                            It's kind of sick actually. Everytime I look for something different I always come back to Winchester and Remington.

What do you boys think of this...http://www.sgammo.com/product/45-aut...hollow-point-r

I'll be living at the range for a while, I should post my targets.

Comment

The first 2 targets pissed me off because I was real rusty, damn flinching.

20 feet out.

The Second I set at 30 feet and got mad.

The 3rd target I chilled myself out and set it at 55 feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X