Guitar Center going bye-bye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJOVOLVE13 View Post
    Can you even barter at guitar centers nowadays?

i know in Sam ash you can... I'd rather go to Sam ash than guitar center any day.
    Sure you can. If you know the manager of the store its a bit easier.
    I have been told there was a policy change on used gear that the price on the tag is non negotiable but if you make a fair offer they usually take it.
    Having a good rep with the salesmen is always a plus they know you are a buyer and not a tire kicker and they will work with you.
    90% of what GC has in stock is low to med end stuff that sells I can't fault them for that.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      my closest store's manager's band-
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-v7rFddwmI
      I am struggling with the Melodic Death Metal description to that, other than that it's not bad.

Not sure if it's the same store but some of the guys from this band work at a CG in Chicago area: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIBTiYjs9Fc

I played some shows with them when I played with "Her Name is Mercy", they are great guys to hang out with and pretty talented.

Comment

GC's current policy is no discounts for anything less than $500 or so and minimal discounts from there. They'll price match anything and are trying different coupons/gift card promotions. It's not nearly as easy as it used to be to get a discount, but there are still ways to get a good deal. Used items must be in store for 90 days before any possibility of a discount. Their policies are always changing, so who knows what will happen in 3 months...

Originally posted by TJOVOLVE13 View Post
        Can you even barter at guitar centers nowadays?

i know in Sam ash you can... I'd rather go to Sam ash than guitar center any day.

Comment

[QUOTE
          Not sure if it's the same store but some of the guys from this band work at a CG in Chicago area: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIBTiYjs9Fc
          ][/QUOTE]It's not the same store, I tracked the one guy to the Villa Park Store. It's the same store Jacksonfreak(Gil) used to work at.

Comment

Bought a used guitar there a few weeks ago, was marked $479 and not only would they not budge, they wouldn't even throw in a set of strings to replace the rusty garbage that was on there. I didn't care as it was a decent deal, but still I was very surprised. I probably wont buy anything used there again.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
              Bought a used guitar there a few weeks ago, was marked $479 and not only would they not budge, they wouldn't even throw in a set of strings to replace the rusty garbage that was on there. I didn't care as it was a decent deal, but still I was very surprised. I probably wont buy anything used there again.
              I've bought a few items through the Used Gear section of their website. And from what I've seen, their descriptions are actually pretty accurate (although I hate when I click an item and the condition is listed as "Used." Duh!).

If it's listed as either "Great" or "Excellent," it usually is. And they also have that glorious 30-day return policy. They've never given me any grief about returning something.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                And they also have that glorious 30-day return policy. They've never given me any grief about returning something.
                I have only had ONE guy give me shit. He said, "You've returned a lot of stuff lately." I said, "Yeah, I buy a piece of gear per week. It has to meet my needs in the application I intended for or I am not keeping it. You have the policy, that's why I buy from you."

It shut him up, and the manager apologized to me on my way out. It pissed me off. I still shop there though, and don't mind them now that I have developed a relationship with most of the sales people.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I bought a NEW Line 6 DT50 head on clearance there the other day for $599, decent price. Dude said "no returns on this as its clearance"... I just laughed and said what ever. Turns out, I like it, but not enough to keep it, so its going back Monday or Tuesday. I really hope I don't have to argue with these guys, there's nothing on the receipt that says no returns and I know their policy, so this should be interesting.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Good luck! Hopefully they will stand by their policy.
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Haven't made it back there yet lol. 30 days FTW!

Comment

Working...
                      X