A little fun at the range today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little fun at the range today

Had one of my AR 15's out for a little fun.
    This one has a 4 1/2 lb trigger my other one has a 3 lb trigger and runs a bit faster.
    This one is for you ALZ.
    Last edited by straycat; 07-26-2014, 05:13 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

That sounded like an expensive 15 seconds hehe.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That was 60 rounds too.
      I'll try to get down there again tomorrow and film my other one and see how much faster it unloads 60.
      Taking this one too just to break it in.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by straycat; 07-27-2014, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Good times!!!
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Rained all day so no fun today.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by straycat; 07-28-2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

The RPD. Seen a few of those over the years.

Have a good time at the range, bro.

Comment

I'll bet you have DRM, lots of them where you are.
                Be safe bro'.

Comment

Shit, I have a great time here. And for what it's worth: the PKM is much more popular than the RPK/RPD. I've gotten to shoot a few when training some of the National Police forces. Fun as hell.

I love seeing guys out enjoying full auto back in the states. The "fun factor" is definitely there and the way I see it, more firearm owners being responsible and having a good time is never a bad thing.

I'm lucky. It's one of the benefits of the job...I got to carry machine guns when I was a new Soldier, and now I get to teach the new guys how to do it. There's something immensely satisfying about laying scunion with a 240.
                  Last edited by DRM; 07-28-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Is the RPK/RPD one of the ones that Aim Surplus was selling a month or so ago? Is it an NFA gun, or just semi-auto? Either way, cool as hell!

Cool video of the slide fire stock too!

I haven't been able to find any range time yet because I've been too busy bass fishing.

As always, it's cool to hear from DRM from the other side of the world. Thanks for doing what you do man!

Comment

Razor the RPD is a very early Vector built from a Russian parts kit. Semi auto.
                      Its has the Kovrov arsenal stamps on 95% of the gun and the numbers match on the barrel ,trinion,Lower receiver and the bolt.
                      According to Vector the first 100 or so were Russian parts kits entirely and to find one with this many matching numbers is pretty lucky.
                      My serial number is under 50 which is cool too.
                      A lot of Vectors were made from the Polish Radon (circle11) arsenal parts. They are fine guns too.
                      IIRC there were only about 500 Vector RPD's made so they command a pretty high price.
                      DSA,Project guns and Wiselite made them too but they are different as far as the fire control group/gas block and recoil buffer goes.
                      I have never shot any of the others so I can't say if they are worth the money.
                      Last edited by straycat; 07-28-2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

I looked pretty hard at the DSA RPD's Aimsurplus was selling a few months ago, but just couldn't convince myself to spend the 1900 bucks for one. I really want an Ohio Ordnance M1918A3 BAR, but at 4300 bucks I'm hoping I stumble across one at a show sometime that I can work a trade around.

Comment

Ohio Ordinance are very high quality and I have shot them.Have it socked into your shoulder because they kick like a mule.
                          Went out today with my other AR with the 3 lb Timney trigger and you can tell by the video it runs faster than the other one.

Comment

On a related note, how many of you were lucky enough to have Saiga's and/or VEPR's before the Obama-ban ? I was lucky enough to be into Saiga's for awhile now, have 3 including an Arsenal SGL-21.

Comment

I know of a few Arsenal conversions still in stores here locally.
                              They haven't jacked the prices them either. Still way too much to pay for an AK IMO but they are a nice gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X