Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, not Rik......why?

R.I.P Rik Mayall.

Completely gutted by this dreadful news. By far my favourite comedian, so much genius in one person shouldn't be possible but that was Rik.

The man who reminded us that we al know what eargrease tastes like

So long Lord Flashheart
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Sad news.
      I'm most familiar with his work on the Young Ones, which to me, may be the most consistently hilarious TV show I've ever seen.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I didn't recognize the name at first, but I do remember the Young Ones.

Comment

As an American, my only exposure to him was Drop Dead Fred.

Comment

"Rik is dead, the People's Poet is dead..."

That really IS Bad News...FUCK OFF BAD NEWS!
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

one of the first things I heard on arrival at the office this morning. Very sad and way too young. Adrian Edmondson's tribute was perfect:

"There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing," he said. "They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard!"
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, that sucks big time. As I posted on facebook, it feels like part of my teenage years died. I watched the Rik and Ade stuff relentlessly, over and over for probably 10 years - Young Ones, Filthy Rich and Catflap, Dangerous Brothers, Bottom, Bad News etc Fuuuucck...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'm mostly only familiar with the Young Ones and Bad News, but he was nothing but brilliant there.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Comment

Loved watching the Young Ones when I was young myself. RIP, bully-boy fascist.

Comment

Working...
                      X