• Show
Clear All

• Finish ideas

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    *NGD posted a few posts down*
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am looking at one of these:
    http://www.ibanezrg.org/for-sale/iba...der-web/13095/

But I am wonder what I can do with the finish.
    Not the black guitar part, I think I should keep that. But, the carved out spider web, what can I do with that?

I am not a fan of the black on black. Should I just run a paint brush through it. Maybe glow in the dark paint. Neon. Ultraviolet. Glitter? One color glitter, a mixture of colors, or one color here one color there. Glue some mirror and glass chips?
    How could I go about attaching some LED or LCD lights.

This may be too sophisticated to do myself, but what pulling an Ace Frehley. But instead of a smoking pickup, I can do some sort of tube that lets the smoke travel the length of the web before billowing out of the bottom.

Any ideas?

I haven't bought it yet. But if I do, I am not keeping black on black and would like to have some ideas of what I would do to it.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 05-20-2014, 07:19 PM.

I tried one of those out once years ago. It had a great setup and action that was crazy low with practically no buzz. I remember the finish was rough to the touch, like stone.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I think something that glows in the dark would be cool in the web. Any color, really.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would just say it here.....

NGD!

I just got back from picking it up. Does not have a flaw on it. I mean, I am not sure how hard it is to damage this 'body armour' that they have on it, but its looks brand new. Even has the plastic on the 3 plates (truss, electronics, trem) and 6 tuners.

Now, it is time to buy some glitter or something.

Comment

I think its kinda cool. I wouldn't touch that guitar with the EDGE III on it...
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
            I think its kinda cool. I wouldn't touch that guitar with the EDGE III on it...

But people say the same thing about the JT6 and Kahler.
            I may prefer a FR, but I have no issue with the others.

Comment

I suggest doing the green/whitish glow in the dark paint in the channels and leave the body the way it is. I think I seen a Jackson with that graphic on here a bit back and it was badass
              I like black and white guitars

Comment

I like Walshula's idea or even just a white in the channels would be cool on that black body.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	_130952706306391150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	2447696

Comment

Last night, I took some tin foil and put it in.
                    My theory was - cheap, not permanent, easily replaceable. Shiny and reflective. Plus its a good visual of contrasting colors instead black on black.
                    The thicker the amount of foil, the better it looked.

Honestly, this isn't going to as easy as simply painting the cutouts. I find that the channel is too deep and too narrow.
                    Glow paint might not capture enough light to power up, nor will it put out enough light to make an impact. Neon paint, or glitter, probably the same thing. At least the foil had volume and I can put it near the surface.

I think any flat application, such as paint, will be a waste. I think it will need to be something thicker. Maybe some pipe cleaner, the kind that sparkles. Maybe a string of LED lights, assuming the power doesn't cause interference with the pickups.

But its only been one day.

Comment

Paint the channel white first then lay your color down.Might pop a little better.
                      You could use a white binding in the channels as well and paint the binding.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yes binding sounds like a good idea or maybe even some colored plastic tubing wedged in there?

Comment

Black body; glossy as hell

Ultra-bright-frosty winter blue for the webbing

A soft "phasing" around the webbing from the blue to black.

Basically like this color combo:
                          http://www.wallsave.com/wallpaper/19...es-940995.html
                          Last edited by Sephiroth; 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Glitter is the stuff of the devil, paint of some sort unless you want glitter everywhere.
                            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

THIS IS NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT
                              It was just a test. Practice. Template. Trial run.
                              These are pictures of the Aluminum Foil I inserted. I am only posting them so we can see what it actually looks like when its not black on black.

Comment

Working...
                              X