Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer lick I stole from Chris Poland.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer lick I stole from Chris Poland.....

I saw this a week or so ago and I so ripped it off. It sounds great and it's extremely easy to do. It's a great way to break up the monotony of the Pentatonic minor scale. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWTtu6LyS2A
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Nice. Always loved his tone!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like Chris' playing. Have a couple of Ohm albums
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Me too guys! The coolest part of this in my opinion is the last high bend on the 15th fret E string. He get's 3 different notes out of one bend. Pretty sick in my opinion but I've absolutely always loved Chris Poland and as VitaminG said I have a few OHM albums as well. He's just awesome. My brother is a bass player and when he first heard me doing this lick he told me the beginning sounded like the old Atari game Dig Dug when you start pumping air into one of the enemies from the hose. The way he uses the half step bend on the 14th fret G string is awesome as well.
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 03-23-2014, 02:44 AM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I don't have any OHM albums, but I do have the Damn The Machine album he put out in the early '90s with his brother on drums; always liked that one a lot.

Comment

I KNEW it!! I knew there was a player who held the pick the way I did. Thumb locked kind of backwards. Front of the pick pointing up vs a down angle to glide across the strings. Here I've been forcing myself to hold more traditionally and Poland tears it up that way. I remember seeing this vid a while ago and making note of it too.

Poland was always my favorite Megadeth guitarist.
            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I don't have any OHM albums, but I do have the Damn The Machine album he put out in the early '90s with his brother on drums; always liked that one a lot.
              I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip T.J!

Comment

The DTM album is freaking awesome! The singer plays a bunch of the leads.
                Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I just entered Premier Guitars competition for a D'Angelico compressor pedal and thought I should check out some vid of the pedal. And lo, here's Chris demoing it. Some wicked licks in here, plus some live OHM

Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice. I actually got that email yesterday, but wound up deleting it. I wind up doing that to half of the emails Premier Guitar sends me anyway.

Comment

His style is quite unique and he sounds great. I was just looking up the Ohm stuff in his discography and noticed that he recorded a couple of leads for Lamb of God! Awesome.

Comment

Nice. I actually got that email yesterday, but wound up deleting it. I wind up doing that to half of the emails Premier Guitar sends me anyway.
                        I do like a free pedal though. This vid wasn't actually anything to do with the email but after entering the comp, thought I'd check out what the pedal does

Finding Chris's demo was a happy coincidence
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I sometimes enter their gear giveaways, just didn't feel like entering this one.

Comment

I sometimes enter their gear giveaways, just didn't feel like entering this one.
                            Premier Guitar called and they said "Fuck ToeJam"
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I'm sure they did.

Comment

Working...
                              X