New Job so a New Custom Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job so a New Custom Sword

So at one point I had a custom made prop sword (airplane aluminum) with a blade made by Jody Samson other parts made by a couple other sword makers, all custom it was a beautiful piece of work. I gave that away to a friend of mine a few years ago because I wasn't participating in events and she had never gotten the recognition for her part and yada yada yada... anyway I found out later that Jody had passed away (I never met or talked to him, when I had this made it was through a third party) and kind of wished for a moment i hadn't given it away but the person who has it loves it and so I wouldn't want it back.

So an old friend of mine has a school for hollywood combat (down in Hollywood..duh.) and makes swords and other props for movies and tv and I am debating having him make me a broad sword. Not aluminum this time around, live steal well maybe have two made one theatrical one very real and very sharp and pointy.

It's the only time I wish I lived down in the LA area because I would love to go through his training (I'm not sure he does any of the actual training now though) I remember (jesus this had to be 15 years ago now) I was at some event and he had a number of his prop blades and he walked up to me with this bowieknife looking thing that was blinding when the light hit it and he basically ran this thing over me like 20 times before I could even flinch, had he wanted to end me i would have been quite dead but i was in no danger because everything he did was "safe" (I don't know how to say it any other way). he basically used me as an example of how to make something look dangerous but with out it actually being dangerous (Does that make sense?) theatrics.

anyway so the point is I'm going to order a sword. lol.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

happy new sword day!
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
      Not aluminum this time around, live steal well maybe have two made one theatrical one very real and very sharp and pointy.
      ***In my best RacerX typing*** Are you going to Steal the sword or is it going to be made of STEEL?
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
        ***In my best RacerX typing*** Are you going to Steal the sword or is it going to be made of STEEL?
        lol, damn it.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

where the hell is warren de martini? no sign of him anywhere in here.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
          X