Rocksmith 2014 problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocksmith 2014 problem...

If I plug into an amp ...the guitar works.
    If I plug into RS...nothing
    If I plug another guitar into RS its fine.
    Any idea what the problem could be because the guitar I WANT to use is one of my favorites and it is extremely frustrating that I cannot use it for RS, but it works perfecty when plugged into an amp.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Is the one guitar active, or otherwise have any reason to be fitted with a stereo jack? Could be the problem. Could also be the cable is not inserted fully. Haven't looked into that game myself, so I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the in and out
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Neither is active, but I'm not sure if the problem one is fitted with a stereo jack. It works absolutely fine when plugging into an amp.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

But do they use the same standard guitar cable, or does the game come with its own cable with the interface thingy on it? Have you ever used this guitar with it before?

Can't be a loose wire on the jack, as it works through the amp. If the guitar had passive pickups but an active circuit like the Afterburner, then it'd have a stereo jack. Even then, it should work since the extra prong on the jack is only the ground for the battery to turn it on, not for the signal. You'd have to wire a pickup's hot wire to that prong for a true stereo setup (1/4" stereo Y out to 2 amps).

If the jack was wired backwards (hot to ground and ground to hot) it shouldn't work at all, as far as I know, so that rules that out.

Surely the software can't tell the difference between an Epi and a Jackson
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Maybe the tip of the RS cable is not making proper contact in the output jack on the guitar? Can you get to the output jack easily enough? Sometimes the tip connector gets bent out a little and will only contact on fatter connectors. What else is different about the guitar? Does it have active pickups/circuitry?
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

No, no active anything in either of the two guitars I'm talking about. I'll pull the output jack and see if the cable is making contact.

Comment

I read in another thread regarding the original RS a while back, stereo jacks do not work or are hit and miss.-Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

But if neither guitar is active, neither should have a stereo jack. Granted, one may have been active at one time, or may just be a no-name cheap POS that got a stereo jack just because the "manufacturer" didn't know the difference and just looted whatever parts looked like they might fit from junk electronic devices

Then again, the guitar in question may simply refuse to acknowledge RS in any way
                Last edited by Newc; 01-29-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X