Anyone else recently unemployed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
    Rob,First I'm sorry to hear about everything going on. In 2009 I started my own Millwright contractor company and have never looked back. I do everything. The books, quoting, the work, you name it. I will not blow smoke up your ass, it's a ton of work, and yes sometimes, most of the time it takes 12-16 hours a day, but I wouldn't do it any other way. The risk is high, but the reward is great. If you decide to do this, and want to talk, or need some help with anything, just let me know. Anything from pricing, invoice templates, quickbooks, whatever. Good luck man, I know this is a pivotal time for you and I empathize.
    Thanks man, I appreciate that! Yeah its not easy work at all, but at least at the end of the day you feel like something got accomplished... usually.
    So to add another twist to things, we're actually considering relocating. The womans family is from Lancaster PA, about 1.5 hours from here. She has a lot of family up there and in the past few years, a lot of mine passed away and grew apart. So beings that I cant find anything around here, were thinking about just going up that way. The cost of living is a decent amount cheaper, as some of you probably know, property taxes alone here in NJ are INSANE. Could get a lot more for my money up that way and its soooo nice out there, great roads for driving the Trans Am... just hard to leave a place I grew up all my live, around here is all I really know.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Sorry to hear Rob, good luck.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I know how it's like, I actually got a job in November, after 2 years of doing odd jobs and shitty jobs for extra cash. Sometimes when you need money to live on, you just have to go for whatever, it doesn't mean you'll be stuck in the job for life; it's just something to pay the bills until you get your life sorted out.

The job I have now starts at $11/hr, doing tech support. Looks like they have locations in Mahwah, NJ and Grindstone, PA. $11/hr isn't insane money, but it's better than minimum wage and they might pay more in NJ and PA. You get about a month of paid training as well.

You can even take advantage of that month of paid training while you look for something better. PM if your interested and I'll see if you can use my name for a recommendation.
        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Good luck brother,, I know exactly what you are going through and I'm feeling you. Come the second week in Feb. I will have been unemployed for 2 fucking years now after 13 years of running a Drywall crew for the company. All the illegals came in and put allot of us out of work. It sucks ass, and the funds are dwindling....like my guitar collection.

I hear you with the License and Insured thing. I've been picking up patch jobs and some other stuff( general carpentry, some laminate floors, etc) mostly on my name and being able to do quality custom and tricked out stuff but, yeah it's tough, especially also having to be Mr. mom for our Granddaughter that we have custody of too. It's hard to get hired on even at some BS job when you have to take the kido to school and pick her up cause there is just no one else, and that's your time frame....as my wife had to take on managing a Pizza Hut that is about 30mi away when my job shut down,( we are out in the sticks) so we barely even see each other cause she has to work so much......and that makes for " Not good times"...

The
          ONLY,, saving grace was that I managed to pay my little house and couple acres off before it all went to shit.
          If it wasn't for my elderly folks living a couple miles away, and helping them with whatever they need done the best I can being the good son I wasn't when I was young... I'd move someplace more promising in a heartbeat,,,Fuck this place,

so I'm feeling you bro, If you have a chance to go where things might be a bit more promising/ or a little easier on/for you, you might want to consider it and just shag and go for it.

Anyway about it,,Best of luck to you I'm root'in for you that it turns around and kicks ass for ya.

MOSHON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Still no leads yet... been trying to get my resume out there for manufacturing/supervision type work, but right now Im finishing up a full kitchen remodel for a friend of mine. Finishing up the glass tile backsplash today. No other jobs on the horizon, but there are some sub contractor work on CL... might consider at least getting liability insurance if I can find some jobs that would make it worth it.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The other thing that is pissing me off is that of what jobs there are, 75% of them are though a "staffing agency". I did that once and lasted a week... they take a good chunk of the pay you earn. That really pisses me off, the government takes enough, then these dopes taking $3+ an hour just sucks.

Comment

Working...
              X