No announcement yet.

RIP Sam Ramsey (LPCustom/JacksonSL1) !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Sam Ramsey (LPCustom/JacksonSL1) !!

Just after xmas 2010 I recieved a call from my friend Sams wife Krista....w/the news that Sam had passed from this life....Sam had been in Maine taking care of personal matters after his Fathers death (he had lost his Mom the xmas before) & Sam died of heart failure....an illness that had plagued him for several years & led to his retiring from active US military duty!!

@ the time drama between forums was prevalent & it was decided it'd be best not to discuss these matters online to avoid the inevitable comments....would now like to give Sam the long over-due post & respect he so deserved!!

Sam was a loving husband & father....a loyal friend....& a hotheaded Marine....he loved guitar....Sam was a longtime member of several forums using the account names LPCustom & JacksonS1!!

Obituary:

"Samuel J. Ramsey - Staff Sgt. Samuel J. Ramsey, 39, U.S. Marine Corps, retired, was unexpectedly taken Thursday, Jan. 7, 2010, at his father's residence. He was born July 17, 1970, a son of Martin and Lorraine (Garceau) Ramsey. He retired from the U.S. Marine Corps after proudly serving for 14 years. He was an avid guitarist and loved all music. His true passion was the Marines and he went above and beyond for his Marine brothers. He is survived by his wife, two step daughters, a sister and her husband, and two nieces. He was predeceased by his mother in Dec. 25, 2006, and his father, Dec. 25, 2009. A memorial service will be conducted.

RIP Sam....love you my brother....you are missed my friend!!

..condolences
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

RIP Sam.

Comment

I remember when I first got on the forums, I had no idea what to make of Sam. Over the years, he ended up being one of my better friends online, and I always thought he'd probably be one of the best guys to go out and have a few beers with if we ever met irl. He definitely had strong opinions and wore his heart on his sleeve, and I know he pissed off more than a few people along the way, but I know for a fact he had a heart of gold. RIP, Sam!

Comment

Sorry for your loss Blood Splatter. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I remember Sam, we did a guitar deal once....nice guy. Gone too soon. Semper Fi and RIP Sam.
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

RIP Sam. I just have missed all the forum dramas. Sam always seemed a good guy to me
              Hail yesterday

Comment

RIP Sam.

I had no clue until recently, I think it may ave been mentioned on JCF FB page.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Damn, I hate that it's taken all this time to find out he passed. RIP Sam!

Comment

Sammy was always a positive voice of reason at a time when I couldn't be told anything, I was severely fucked up on drugs and he always strategically delivered the right thing for me to do in a non headache way. the guy really cared about the people he dug, and I miss the fucker.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

RIP Sam

Comment

I finally get to say it publicly...RIP Sam. We didn't always see eye to eye (who does?), but at the end of the day we were still buds...like it should be. Your presence has been missed...you were one of the good guys.

Comment

RIP Sam \m/
                          USA Jackson RR1
                          Charvel Model 6
                          Jackson Performer-2
                          Orange Dark Terror
                          EVH 5150 LBX
                          Hello Senòr

Comment

RIP Sam
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                            X