Favorite fretboard wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^"Tree wood!"
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

there isn't a one size fits all for me as I like all 3 depending on the guitar body wood and model of guitar.

I like one piece maple necks (no super glued maple board ontop a maple neck) on a lot of super strats with mahogany or swamp ash bodies. I like ebony equally as well as maple and again it depends on the guitar. I have been fortunate enough to have a bunch fo bodies ans necks asn the ability to swap them around. Sometimes a certain neck or part just doesn't work out well for some reason. For Les Paul Customs...it has to be an ebony board.

I like rosewood on LP standards, I have come around full circle on rosewood, I used to hate it but now starting to like them on strats too.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I recently just bought my first guitar with an Ebony board and I freekin LOVE it!! I'm pissed that I waited this long! Any new gits moving forward, will have Ebony boards. The feel and tone I just love. I find Ebony dramatically different then Rosewood. There's almost "snappiness" to it. I don't really know how to explain it.....EBONY!
        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Brazilian Rosewood
          Rosewood
          Pao Ferro

Comment

First choice is ebony, which sadly I don't own an ebony boarded guitar now. Next is maple, and it's a real close second to ebony. Rosewood doesn't bother me either, but I prefer ebony or maple fretboards.

Comment

maple, pau ferro

Comment

I can't really decided if I like Ebony or Maple more here lately.

Comment

They all pretty much feel the same to me I like the looks of a dirty raw maple fingerboard.
                  Painted necks I don't mind either.Ebony looks nice as does rosewood,pau ferro.
                  As far as tone not a dimes worth of difference between them.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I love my SL2H's with Ebony.
                    I love my DK2M with Maple.
                    I love my Fusion with Rosewood.

It's all good. But if I were ordering a Custom Shop right now, it would be Maple.
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Ebony.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ebony for LPs

aged "dirty" maple for strats (and not new clean bright maple you guys know what I am talking about)

rosewood for everything else

Has ayone ever tried Parker and other guitars who use stuff like synthetics on fretboards? How are they? Do they hold up well for long-term ownership? Just curious

Comment

depends on the guitar. i like strat shapes with maple or ebony, i like rosewood on BCRichs, and ebony on jacksons. i will add that a nice piece of brazilian rosewood board is much nicer looking than any of the other fretboard woods, at least IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X