Family guy last night......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family guy last night......

Anyone catch last nights episode? I don't know what you guys think but I don't think killing off a main character like 'Brian the dog" was a good idea. I think Tony Sirico A.K.A. "Pauly Walnuts" will be a good edition to the cast but I still think adding him at the expense of losing a central character like Brian was foolish at best.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

It's called "jumping the shark". Aka a desperate move for attention.

I stopped watching that show after the first season. The writing was far too formula for my tastes. The South park writers nailed it when they talked about it.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I agree with Lefty. Maybe Stewie will fix the time machine. I like all the religious and political innuendos.

Comment

The episode I saw had the "Christmas is killing us" musical in it.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          The episode I saw had the "Christmas is killing us" musical in it.
          The one with Santa? A classic.

"why are there black people in the north pole?"

"I don't know.............Katrina"

I didn't see last night's episode but please ruin it for me since they're not gonna re-run it until next summer anyway: they killed off Brian? How?

Comment

They'll bring him back without an explanation. They do shit like that all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
              The one with Santa? A classic.

"why are there black people in the north pole?"

"I don't know.............Katrina"

I didn't see last night's episode but please ruin it for me since they're not gonna re-run it until next summer anyway: they killed off Brian? How?
              Cartoon network will be replaying it next week on Monday @ 11:00 PM EST. Every time you miss a new episode all you have to do is check cartoon network 8 days later. It works that way all the time.
              Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-25-2013, 07:11 PM.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Jump into later seasons, it gets better. I only caught a few episodes here and there on CN, and they covered 3 seasons IIRC, but the more recent ones had better jokes and voice acting IMO. Tried to go back to catch "the beginning" and stopped it at the opening song. They were just that bad.

Killing off Brian the Dog would seem more like a publicity stunt to get attention/ratings/interest in the show. They could have killed off Quagmire, Lois, Meg, or Chris, but not Peter or Stewie (aside from the whole "dead baby" issue). While Brian wasn't the strongest character, they know they can use him for certain "questionable" situations to stir up the right-wing TV-haters with no sense of humor and generate more ratings. However, they've already done the "Brian does Lois/Meg" routine, and any viewers they've lost since then are not likely to come back if they hear about them using an old joke that stirred up the right-wingers.

I'd say it's probably best to simply end the show rather than crash it by killing off characters. You gotta know when to say "when".
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Anyone remember New Coke?-Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Family Guy is not what it used to be, but killing Brian is just bulllshit. I've been watching the show since the beginning and somehow those things just become a part of you. So, I'm pretty pissed of and refuse to watch that episode :think:
                    www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                    www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                    www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                      Anyone remember New Coke?-Lou

Comment

i like american dad better than family guy now adays.. used to be the other way around..Futurama trumped them all though

I havent watched the latest episode of family guy and american dad.. i will tonight though
                        GEAR:
                        #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                        #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                        #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                        #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                        #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                        AMPS:
                        1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                        ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well

Looks like it got resolved with a Christmas episode. It was kinda predictable even if coming across another Stewie at that point of time was beyond "coincidental."

Comment

Yeah I am thinking it's like people said. All a ploy to get the viewers upset. I'll bet last night's episode had the highest rating in months.

Comment

Working...
                              X