No announcement yet.

Pistol Permit wait in Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=jgcable;1581774]I am leaning towards 9mm. When I was at the range I shot the 9,40 and 45. I thought that for 1 or 2 shots I was equally on target with all of them. It was popping off the 3rd or 4th quickly where I found that the 9mm stayed on target. QUOTE]

And this is the basis of my opinion. Lots of bullets on target......all the time. A .40, .357 Sig, 10mm, 45 ACP or G.A.P. will NOT do anything for you a 9 mm can't. Sure, I know .45 expands 1/8" bigger. However, If you are that fucking accurate that an 1/8" makes a difference, then hitting the target perfectly is no problem for you there Rambo....so why not still take the 9mm and have more rounds.....that stay on target easier? - Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

The only time I would recommend a larger caliber round would be if shooting through intermediate barriers is a concern: ie car doors, glass, walls, etc. This is an absolute non-issue for a self defense shooting and with the advances in modern hollow point designs, Lou is dead on. Get a 9mm.

Comment

I went shopping today. I already had some guns in mind. Ended up with a Glock 26 Gen 4. I tried the larger Glocks, some Rugers, Sigs and this little baby 9mm felt like it was made for me. I put a larger back strap on it and its very comfortable. I was leaning towards a 9mm only because I shoot that caliber really well. There is something about the simplicity of it that I liked.
        The guy at the store wasn't trying to direct me at anything in particular but both guys that work there told me I made a great choice for a first gun.
        Can't wait to hit the range.

Comment

[QUOTE=LouSiffer;1581832]
          Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          I am leaning towards 9mm. When I was at the range I shot the 9,40 and 45. I thought that for 1 or 2 shots I was equally on target with all of them. It was popping off the 3rd or 4th quickly where I found that the 9mm stayed on target. QUOTE]

And this is the basis of my opinion. Lots of bullets on target......all the time. A .40, .357 Sig, 10mm, 45 ACP or G.A.P. will NOT do anything for you a 9 mm can't. Sure, I know .45 expands 1/8" bigger. However, If you are that fucking accurate that an 1/8" makes a difference, then hitting the target perfectly is no problem for you there Rambo....so why not still take the 9mm and have more rounds.....that stay on target easier? - Lou

Yea Lou, my buddies both have Glocks. One has a 40 and the other a 45. I shot both of them. I watched them shoot and one of these guys has put thousands of rounds through. I noticed the same thing with them that happened to me. If you fire one shot at a time at a slow pace and allow yourself to reset there is no problem. The problem is popping off shots at a quick pace (which is what I would assume you might need to do to defend yourself). I noticed that the 1st shot was dead on and every shot after that was farther and farther off the mark until the point they would stop and reset. With the 9mm it was almost like shooting a cap gun to me. Hardly any rise and extremely easy to control and I am a COMPLETE newb. It was the first time I was ever at the range and the first time I shot anything larger than a 22. My target using the Glock 9mm had groupings that were so close my buddy took the target home to show our friends what a good shot I am. I think it was the caliber. I was shooting a Glock 19 Gen . My new 26 Gen 4 feels even more comfortable. Its also small enough to carry which is what I intend on doing once I get some range time and familiarity in. I am going to take an advanced course too before I carry.

Comment

I carry a G26 appendix IWB with a G19 mag for reload. Good choice, just make sure you break it in with atleast 500rds to see if you have extraction issues and keep an eye on that extractor. Change the recoil spring every 3,000 rds and disaassemble the striker assembly every 5,000 or so for a deep cleaning. Don't change and of the trigger components. Change those plastic sights immediately if you plan to carry a Glock for self defense...they break very easily.

Congrats on the new gat piece bro.

Comment

A neighbor once invited me to the gun range when he bought his new Glock 19 and I have to admit, 9mm shoots very smoothly and I was consistently getting close groups from about 20 yards away and I'm a kind of newb with handguns myself.

Congrats on your new toy
              Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
              Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Went to the range for the first time with the new gun last night. I shot great. The gun is awesome. Very comfortable. 9mm is VERY manageable... even in a sub-compact. Well.. now I am out of range ammo. I went to all of the local gun stores and all the Wally worlds and big box stores that sell ammo and they are all completely out of stock. The only store that had ammo wanted $35.00/50 for 115 grain reloads. The range was a ghost town last night. The guy who works there told me they have been very slow because nobody has any ammunition. He told me the hardest calibers to get are 45 and 22. I will probably end up ordering online. I wanted to go back tomorrow but all I have are empty clips.

Comment

Try SGAmmo.com & palmettostatearmory.com

Comment

I can get you 9mm. It's roughly $18.50/50 for a box of 115gr FMJ local in Fayetteville. That's the cheap stuff like Magtech, Blazer, Winchester White Box, etc. Give Shooter's Supply on Bragg Blvd a call and see what they can do for you.

Comment

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx...ellers=2136871

Comment

Since I hadn't talked to you in FOREVER, I decided to help by calling your local PD. I told them that you were a thug, a rock guitar player, and that you pee'd on the Alamo. Other than that, you were a pretty decent guy.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by seegermany View Post
                          since i hadn't talked to you in forever, i decided to help by calling your local pd. I told them that you were a thug, a rock guitar player, and that you pee'd on the alamo. Other than that, you were a pretty decent guy.
                          it was poop.

Comment

Best response EVER!
                            "POOP"

Comment

I thought I would add this here, somewhat unrelated - BUT, somewhat related because of Connecticut gun laws/weird police behavior. A law abiding citizen is arrested for 17 Felonies(trumped up baloney) after calling police for help after a robbery.... Granted, even in my opinion this 'collection' is large - there is no law against it.

JG are folks out by you talking about this at all?

http://gunsnfreedom.com/ct-cops-seiz...h-17-felonies/
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I want you to look at that pic. That is .45 ACP. Let me explain this to you: There are 32 rounds in that that target at a dead nuts 15 yards. The first 16 rounds are shot at about 1.5 second intervals. All 16 rounds went dead nuts into the bullseye. The remaining rounds are me shooting the gun as fast as I can while grabbing a quick " Sight Picture " between shots.

Lets put this into a perspective: This is a TRUE 15 yards....not a walked off Joe-Bob Redneck 15 yards. That is 45 feet. Most people's homes aren't that big at its widest dimensions. That is a 4" radius/ 8" diameter circle. All of those shots are within a 6" diameter....with a .45 shooting as fast as I can possibly shoot. Many people will say they can do that.....very, VERY few actually can.....and I am still telling you my opinion lays with a 9mm....more bullets on target......all the time. I do not want to sound like I am bragging, but, I consistantly win 1st place at any pistol tourney I go to, keep in mind, these are local to regional tourneys. However, many of these guys show up with $3-4K race guns....and I beat them with a $700 pistol that I....meaning MYSELF......did some trigger work on and some other small details. I have NEVER got less than 2nd place in the past year with the exception of one 3rd place finish. This is tourneys shooting six steel 6" diameter target ( 3" radius ) drop plates at 10, 15, 20 and 25 yards as well as lateral moving " human " targets between 15 & 20 yards. Keep in mind also, when I go to the range, it is normal for me to drop 300-600 rounds practicing my shooting. -Lou
                                Last edited by LouSiffer; 10-09-2013, 10:28 PM.
                                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
                                X