No announcement yet.

Pistol Permit wait in Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 weeks and waiting. The police station told me to stop calling. They told me its a 25 week wait min. The fugged up thing about it is I checked with the State of CT and they said all the applications from May and older have been processed and sent back to the towns and city police departments. My application and prints were done March 25th so that means I should have already received my paperwork. I haven't gotten anything and based on the attitude of the Milford PD, they couldn't be bothered with anybody applying for a pistol permit. I guess according to their attitude the only people that should own firearms are the police. It sucks to live in CT. Especially in a town that is close to Sandy Hook. Applications for pistol permits has increased 10 times since the shootings.

Comment

Move to an American State and enjoy your constitutional rights

Comment

They were more than happy to take my money for the application, background check and prints. Its very frustrating because there is no recourse. I have to go through the Milford PD and they couldn't and do not want to be bothered.

Comment

Depending on how far you want to take this- call Evan Nappen in NJ and ask him to refer you to someone admitted to the CT bar that does firearms law. Sometimes all these guys understand is threats of litigation. Is there a time limit statutorily that they must take action by? I imagine there is, and I imagine they've violated it.

Comment

There are MANY New England members on Lightfighter.net who have similar struggles. One of the members in Connecticut is a lawyer and a tenured member of the LF community. Register on the site (and make sure to post an intro in the appropriate area) and start browsing.

Comment

I contacted CTguntalk and they told me to file an appeal. There was even a form to fill out online. I printed it, filled it out and mailed it today. This is the 21st week and after numerous calls and visits to my local PD they couldn't be bothered with responding to me. I was told by the members of Connecticut Guntalk that I was "administratively denied". I have a squeaky clean record. I have never even gotten a parking ticket. Basically.. many towns and cities in CT don't want citizens to own pistols so they creatively stall us and many people just give up. I am not giving up.

Comment

I wouldn't either. Just because someone caused a tragedy does not mean you have to be punished for it. There have been instances of drunk drivers hitting school buses and killing the children onboard. Do you see someone trying to ban booze, school buses, cars or children? Nope, because it would then affect their personal lives. Its like I told someone else that mentioned all guns should be stripped away....." Would you want to be the one that came to MY house to take MY GUNS? " I think they got my point.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

That's such bullshit! I'm sure the police can order whatever the hell they want from manufactures without a problem. I know Spikes (a manufacturer of AR 15's and components) said they wouldn't sell anything to law enforcement agencies that the citizens of their state or county can't own, like high cap mags, collapsible stocks, suppressors, etc...

I believe their trying to get other firearm manufactures to do the same thing.

You have a clean record and it's legal for you to own a firearm; what their doing is bullshit and probably borderline illegal.
                  Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                  Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

There is a difference however, between a " May-will " state and a " Will-will " state. Ohio is a " May-will " state, however, in Ohio, even if you are a known dirtball...... as long as you have a clean record with no convictions, they will issue you the license. Cleveland is a very anti-gun/anti-CCW city. There are several instances of Cleveland being sued for millions of dollars for unreasonable search and seizure as well as trying to skirt around Ohio's laws regarding CCW. The last time they went to the Ohio Supreme Court, the plaintiff was awarded several million dollars and the judge stated something along the lines of " ....... if Cleveland is brought into this court again for this issue, I will bankrupt the city with an award settlement to the plaintiff....".

Your state laws super-cede any local activities regarding CCW. I would contact your state representative and let them know your local law enforcement is hindering your right to protect yourself.

I wish I lived in Utah as they are EXTREMELY gun friendly. Ohio is probably in the top 5 for gun friendly states with the exception of Cleveland. -Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I'm in Utah and I've never had a problem with firearm problems, but there's one guy I know who had a huge problem crossing the Colorado/Utah border with a handgun.

He has his CCW and he was in Colorado for a day and was coming into Utah and got pulled over, the cop searched his car and found his gun and threw a bitch fit. The guy said it was so bad he actually called 911 to get other officers to come and protect him from this one cop. He said Utah and Colorado have a deal where you can cross their borders with firearms without a problem, but the cop was trying to bust him for transporting weapons across state lines.

This is the only problem that I've heard of lately, but I believe it had more to do with the small town mentality. This guy also pissed off the city by paying taxes for his business in pennies, because they raised taxes in the county for no reason, so it could be that they were finding reasons to harass him...
                      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Got it last week. Got my carry the following day. Now I am shopping. Choices... choices.. .choices... I shot a fair amount of pistols already. I seem to shoot the Glocks really well. I tried the 9, the 40 and the 45. I want to try the SW M&P 40. I also want to try out the Ruger LC9. All my friends have Glocks or Sigs.

Comment

I have a Glock G22 Gen 4 as my regular carry.
                          Love it. Great balance and easy as hell to control.

I've tried the M&P 40... nice gun, but found it a bit awkward compared to the G22.
                          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                            It's a shame when you can go to a thug/hood rat/street pharmacist and get a pistol easier than in a store.
                            That right there is why gun control doesn't work.

Comment

Congratulations on finally getting lined out jgcable! Good luck with your shopping now.

My daily carry is a Springfield Champion Lightweight 1911 in 45ACP. I really like it, and prefer 45ACP as my daily defensive round. My house guns are two fold, a Glock 19 9mm (which is a comfortable peice also) and a Winchester 1300 Defender 12 gauge loaded with double ought buckshot. The Glock 19 and Springfield Champion 1911 for me feel and print about the same. I'm more confident in the 45ACP, so I don't mind having 8 rounds versus 16 with the Glock. As much as I've carried a 1911, I prefer to carry them now over everything else.

Comment

JG, let me start off by saying: Choose the pistol that makes you feel the most comfortable.

Now, onto some personal thoughts:

You can NEVER spend too much on a gun, a holster or a belt.

Gun: I really love the Glock G19. As I love to put it, it is small enough to carry , but, big enough to shoot. I shoot my 1911 at tourneys, but, my Glock G19 is my carry gun. I would rather carry 15 rounds of 9mm than 7 rounds of .45. It is better to have smaller bullets on target and in reserve than to have bigger bullets off target and run out. I have never heard anyone say " What am I going to do with all these extra bullets? " If someone says to you, " I only need one bullet! ", it is safe to assume they are an idiot and anything they say should be ignored with extreme prejudice.

Holsters: Do not save money on a holster! In case you missed it, let me say it again: DO NOT SAVE MONEY ON A HOLSTER!! You want one that will make you WANT to carry concealed......not one that makes you regret it. A good holster will make your gun feel like it is part of you...just like your wallet. If you have ever forgotten your wallet and felt naked.....that is what a good holster will do.

Belt: A regular belt is not good enough for carrying a gun. You want a gun belt. A regular belt will droop and sag after about a week of carrying and make things uncomfy. A good carry belt is actually very stiff to the feel, but, you WANT that. Between a proper holster and a belt, expect to have about $120-150 involved.

These are facts! If anyone disagrees, ignore them. -Lou

Comment

Working...
                                X