The Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ashes

Holy fuck after 5 days it comes down to 14 runs on the last day! 14 fucking runs! Fucking epic test!
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

While it was epic, we were only in it because of the number 11 in both innings, need some more from the top order next test

Comment

1 down, 4 to go.....

Our top order didn't exactly excel during that test either, the usual all or nothing from Pietersen.

I think Australia will be a force to be reckoned with again when this team finds it's feet.

I didn't get to watch any of it since I live in an uncivilised country that doesn't appreciate the finer points of cricket. It's amazing that with 12 000 channels of shite TV not a single one will show it! Unless you buy every other channel out there and then you can pay on top to get an Indian cricket channel!

I went to a cricket tournament in Indy the other week, and there wasn't a single white or black guy playing. It was all people from the sub-continent. You would have thought that with all the other nations that play cricket and all the ex-pats in Indy there would be some others, but no. weird.

Apparently You tube are live broadcasting the Ashes for Ex-pats so I'll give that a shot for the Lords Test.

I lived in Aus during the 99 Ashes series and I have never seen a less gracious winning nation, how does it feel to finally be on the other side of the coin? Are you ready for us to start rubbing it in yet like you guys did for all those years?

Comment

3/56 atm :P
        USA Jackson RR1
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Performer-2
        Orange Dark Terror
        EVH 5150 LBX
        Hello Senòr

Comment

Pietersen out for 2, he's been out for a low score for the last few innings, I see a big 100 any day now. Such is the unpredictability of Pietersen

And it's good to see that Cook isn't immune from the English cricket disease. The only sure fire way to prevent an England top order batsman from performing is to make him captain!

Hopefully Bell will hold on again and we can salvage this innings.

Comment

I am glad Bell got my message!!! If he hadn't stepped up there we'd be in real trouble. Well bowled by Smith there, getting it to turn on a flat pitch. I think we are seeing the early beginnings of an Aussie team that will be a real force in a few years.

Interesting fact to digest, England have never lost a test in which Bell scored a century....

Comment

128 all out :P

That's even too early to make Australia to follow on...

Awww, how come you guys have gone all quiet? Did those mean Englishmen bowl you all out again???

Not Fking Pommes now are we!!! Man I wish I still lived in Williamstown, I had to put up with so much shit at the Steampacket Hotel when England toured in 98/99. All in good fun, but there were a couple of blues here and there.

Comment

We're regrouping :P

Warner is currently 168* against South Africa A!!
                USA Jackson RR1
                Charvel Model 6
                Jackson Performer-2
                Orange Dark Terror
                EVH 5150 LBX
                Hello Senòr

Comment

Keep Raining....

Well played by Australia this test.

Comment

was good viewing this test, even though it ended up being ruined by the rain,

Ryan Harris has shown that if he had have been able to keep fit, he would have been up there with the best as far as figures go, can bowl!

Comment

Wow, what an end to the 4th Test!!!! I thought Australia had that one in the bag going into tea on the 4th day, That is the sort of batting collaspe that used to be the pride of English Cricket!

Comment

Johnson absolutley raped the shit out of England! 2nd test is gonna be soooo hostile! 2 sleeps to go yayyy.
                        USA Jackson RR1
                        Charvel Model 6
                        Jackson Performer-2
                        Orange Dark Terror
                        EVH 5150 LBX
                        Hello Senòr

Comment

Whats going on England?
                          USA Jackson RR1
                          Charvel Model 6
                          Jackson Performer-2
                          Orange Dark Terror
                          EVH 5150 LBX
                          Hello Senòr

Comment

Damn this is a fun thread to read! I have no idea what any of you are talking about, but I love the enthusiasm. Now I just need to figure out who to root for.
                            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                              Damn this is a fun thread to read! I have no idea what any of you are talking about, but I love the enthusiasm. Now I just need to figure out who to root for.
                              I was just thinking the same thing...

MOSHON
                              DAVE
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X