I hurt my baby last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hurt my baby last night...

I put my RR1T on a stand and as I stepped away to grab something a loop in the still plugged in cable caught my foot and I pulled it off the stand where it fell face first into my HOG2 pedal. I now have a big furrowed gouge on the guitar right below the rounded part where the neck meets the body. It's only in the finish and not totally down to the wood, but I'm very sad as I just discovered it now...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Hurts to hear about it!
    I had one fall off a stand like that and I took all of my floor stands and put them curbside
    years ago.
    But now I find I need at least one in my current setup.
    So the least I can do is make sure no cord is plugged in to reduce that part of the hazard.

Could have been worse, if that's any consolation.

Comment

Similar thing happened to my first Jackson back in the 80s (San Dimas Rhoads) - but the neck cracked!

I had it professionally repaired.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Man, I can't stand when I do something like that to a guitar. It always haunts me for a while. My condolences! Funny thing is that I don't mind buying a guitar that has taken some minor damage.

Comment

I feel your pain, but keep in mind... it IS a tool and tools can take a lil abuse and still do their job.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

can the dent be steamed out?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Chicks dig scars...
              Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

It's not into the wood Gary, it kind of looks like a car window that got hit by a golf ball or something. A big dent with radial cracks and some spalling.

It could have been a lot worse, it is totally away from anywhere that would affect playability. The guitar is still in perfect tune after landing face first too, so Jackson does built them tough. I don't care about the effect on value so much as this guitar is my life mate, I just like to keep good care of it so I'm disappointed in my own clumsiness.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It happens not much you can do after the fact.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

True. No excuse not to play the shit out of it now.

The funny part for me is there are dings on the body but all the tips are in mint condition hehe.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      It's not into the wood Gary, it kind of looks like a car window that got hit by a golf ball or something. A big dent with radial cracks and some spalling.
                      bugger. From your description, I thought it might have just been an indentation with no breaks through the finish.

I remember a while back discussion about how finish dents can be steamed out using a wet cloth & a clothes iron
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Very true G but if the paint has fisheyed steaming it out you might lose a huge chunk of paint.
                        If it does that a little CA glue and some sanding might make it hold.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Pfft. Banged my $2500 Custom Shop War Angel on the arm of my chair and chipped it down to the wood. Small chip, but still...

And I still play the fuck out of it.

At least I had it longer than I had to wait for it
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

fuck drew, i can't count how many times i've walked into stuff, fell over them, pulled them down, etc.
                            when you're as lit up as i used to be, it was common. now that i am not completely obliterated all the time,
                            i'm sure it would hurt alot more if i dinged some type of gear up.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                            X