Cool 8 string playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool 8 string playing

I'm not a big fan of these guitars, unless you really need the extra strings like this guy. I was impressed, great playing and a nice tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtpRNBnV0QE

Wow, that was very cool! Thanks for sharing.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I liked that. Been looking at vids lately to get some ideas since buying my first seven and most of them are just flogging away on the low B. Awesome to see a guy really integrating all 8 strings. Not that I could ever play like that

ps. he looks like Tim Minchin
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Wow, that was very cool! Thanks for sharing.
        +1!!! Really liked it.
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I have the same monitors as him hehe.

I'd like to hear a guy like Chet Atkins or someone good at playing those walking bass lines on the low strings while doing melody on the high strings get a crack at an 8 string. Then you can eliminate those unreliable bass players from the band.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

This is a decent vid of Luke Jaeger on an 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urs1qwDJC0s
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              This is a decent vid of Luke Jaeger on an 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urs1qwDJC0s
              Now I have to find Sleep Terror CDs!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

damn, he plays like a robot!

Comment

Holy fuk. I think I wanna 8 string now, cause then I can play like this guy.......said no one ever. Never heard of the guy but he seems like a monster....very cool.
                  -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

What's up with guitarists wanting to be bassplayers these days? Seems ungrateful to me.
                    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Sorry, that's just a fucking racket to me, self-indulgent pretentious shite that demonstrates why there are no decent bands to go and see these days - a band being 4 or 5 distinct personalities who get together, overcome the fact they don't really like each other deep down, and write and perform some great music.Each of them contributes something to the magic mix that makes up a great band, even if it is just being the tosser who wears silly trousers and makes everyone laugh with his stage moves.

No, rather than join or form a band, there are too many social retards sitting in their bedroom with their computer, writing shite like this and buying 8 string guitars. FFS, I actually thought an 8 string guitar was a spoof. That young man needs to get out in the sunshine, go out to some pubs at night and kiss a girl, then buy a Telecaster and play it with 5 strings.
                      THEN he might write something that isn't the equivilent of musical masturbation with a Fleshlight, but not an ordinary Fleshlight, one with a bolt-on protruding buttplug attachment.

Oh, and it looks like he's one of those cunts who has a floor fan as part of his guitar rig. The sentence is obscurity. I expect to see him standing outside WH Smith in a few years, with a drum on his back, cymbals between his knees, a mouthorgan on a frame round his neck, and playing his fucking 8 string guitar. It'll be great, he can keep ALL the pennies that get thrown in his cap!

NEXT!!!
                      Last edited by Rsmacker; 06-06-2013, 03:19 PM. Reason: Where did all my paragraphs go to?
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                        Sorry, that's just a fucking racket to me, self-indulgent pretentious shite that demonstrates why there are no decent bands to go and see these days - a band being 4 or 5 distinct personalities who get together, overcome the fact they don't really like each other deep down, and write and perform some great music. Each of them contributes something to the magic mix that makes up a great band, even if it is just being the tosser who wears silly trousers and makes everyone laugh with his stage moves.

No, rather than join or form a band, there are too many social retards sitting in their bedroom with their computer, writing shite like this and buying 8 string guitars. FFS, I actually thought an 8 string guitar was a spoof. That young man needs to get out in the sunshine, go out to some pubs at night and kiss a girl, then buy a Telecaster and play it with 5 strings. THEN he might write something that isn't the equivilent of musical masturbation with a Fleshlight, but not an ordinary Fleshlight, one with a bolt-on protruding buttplug attachment.

Oh, and it looks like he's one of those cunts who has a floor fan as part of his guitar rig. The sentence is obscurity. I expect to see him standing outside WH Smith in a few years, with a drum on his back, cymbals between his knees, a mouthorgan on a frame round his neck, and playing his fucking 8 string guitar. It'll be great, he can keep ALL the pennies that get thrown in his cap!

NEXT!!!
                        Awesome rant
                        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Ahem, it was a bit, wasn't it? Ah well, you know what I'm talking about, I'm sure...
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Well, in my opinion that's some good stuff. He actually has a band called mask of judas.

A lot of people think that there are no bands anymore and stuff like that. But I can say, from my experience, that those people don't go to small gigs to check out and support new bands. There are LOTS of new bands. Most people just want to watch their favorite bands on youtube.
                            Last edited by MarceloBR; 06-06-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarceloBR View Post
                              Well, in my opinion that's some good stuff. He actually has a band called mask of judas.

A lot of people think that there are no bands anymore and stuff like that. But I can say, from my experience, that those people don't go to small gigs to check out and support new bands. There are LOTS of new bands. Most people just want to watch their favorite bands on youtube.
                              I think most people actually want the next Rolling Stones (or Motley Crue, Metallica, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, whatever your flavour of band full of "characters") to magically appear in the charts. In the meantime they will bitch & moan about boybands and tv talent show "stars" cluttering the radio and how there aren't any new bands around anymore.

And then some mediocre retro rock band will appear in NME with a guitarist who can barely bludgeon through his hackneyed Angus Young licks proclaims that "there just aren't any fuckin' real musicians in rock anymore, man. So I'm singlehandedly bringing the guitar solo back". The jaded music fan won't even mind that the band has cynically bypassed the 'hanging with Ravi Shankar' phase & already has a touching piano ballad on their debut release.

The disenfranchised "real music" fan then has two choices - they embrace these young upstarts recycling dodgy 70s or 80s licks as though they are reinventing the wheel; or they call them out as the Sabbath/ELO/AccaDacca/Crue ripoffs that they are because they find that more than wanting Real Bands playing Real Music, what they really want is to whine about how there aren't any Real Bands playing Real Music anymore
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X