Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's my time to quit...........the coffin nails!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's my time to quit...........the coffin nails!

After 20 years & several attempts, I think it's finally going to happen. I've had enough of the cigs so they're going.

I was to start after the weekend but dived into it today, it's never too soon to stop.

Today at work, I decided to work out what they cost me. I could buy 2 USA Selects a year with what I waste on
    a slow, painful, antisocial & expensive way to commit suicide.
    But the main thing is I have 2 young boys who I need to stick around a long time for, they're my main motivation
    for quitting (although, they could drive me straight back to it again ).

This time I really want to give up, already halved a day what I usually have no dramas. Using the gum, it works a treat for me.

Wish me luck if you want but I reckon I can beat it this time, can't wait to be a non-smoker again.

Good luck brother. For what it's worth, I'm 8 months cig-free and never felt better. I've been training for a triathalon and that keeps my mind and body focused.

Actually, I take it back. Luck is for the weak. Instead, good on ya and enjoy the cig free life.

Comment

Good on ya dude. It took me about 5, 6 or 7 tries. I don't remember. Quitting was the hardest and best thing I ever did for myself. Shit, I even run 5K 4 times a week now. It CAN be done.
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

after 35 years of marlboro reds, i am over 3 months off those motherfuckers. no vapor smokes, no gum.
        i just dropped them. i still want one at times but it's really not that bad. i have to disagree with DRM,
        all the luck in the world to you. it is not for the weak. all the greats have had some good luck in their endeavors.
        your sons should be a great motivation for you. i'll never be one of those "ewwww, cigarette smoke, get away" people as
        i do love them at heart, but i just couldn't give philip morris 7 bucks a day to die anymore. i hear they are like 14.00
        a pack in new york. outlandish ain't it?
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Good luck and stick to your guns. It's the single best thing you can do for your health. Helps to keep a regular exercise regimen, replaces the nicotine stimulants with natural endorphins.

Comment

I smoked for 20+ years..just laid them down one day. Hang in there, you can do it!!

Comment

Cheers for the support guys.

The gum taste shite but it's awesome at killing the cravings, just slowly eliminating the habitual 'smoking moments'.

All I can think about is stashing away what I would spend on these awful things & it wont be long & I can finally get a USA Select.
              I really want a DK1 in either grey snakeskin or a bengal. Import tax sucks, but not as much as dying of a smoking related illness.

Comment

watch out, my friend quit but stayed on the gum for 12 years. yes it's healthier than smoking, but
                it's still a gangraping on the wallet.

Comment

Just remember one thing that will help you quit: Only pussies can't quit

You can do it. I did and I went cold turkey on a 2 1/2 a day habit. If the Atomic fruit bat and myself can quit anyone can. You can do it, it is tough but if you want to you can. I had a couple of failed attempts but the motivation factor increase tremendously when my fist son was born (he'll be 19 on 6/7) and that seemed to do the trick for me. I fell off the wagon when I had to travel for business when my second son was in the oven for 8 1/2 months. I haven't had a cigg in about 18 years now.

You can do it!
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

that's why shawn has so much gear!! listen to the man, he's dropping good medicine on you

Comment

Nicotine gum and patches are just as expensive as cigs. Not exactly an incentive for me. I hope they work for you.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Good Luck my man , I've been there too..it honestly gets a lot easier after the first couple of weeks are out the way...I smoked 20 a day for 15 years and wouldn't dream of smoking now..no matter how blazing I get !

Comment

The gum cost $7 for 96 pieces, I wouldn't say my wallet is being molested, but I am aware that it can be almost as addictive.
                          I use it sparingly, trying to back of the bungers without help as much as possible.

As I & others have said, you need something to focus on & I really want a USA Jackson.

It's great to see that there are those of you that were heavier smokers than me & gave it up, I use that to convince myself
                          it's not that hard to quit, I know I can do it.

You guys are awesome, thanks.

Comment

20+ year (former) 2 pack a day smoker here.
                            I looked into the eyes of my then 9 month old daughter and told myself she needs me more than I need the cigarettes.
                            Cold turkey right then and there. That was Thanksgiving morning 2003 BEFORE family showed up.
                            I survived the day smoke free and figured if I can deal with that crap I can deal with the rest of life without smokes.
                            My lungs and wallet feel much better now.

Hang in there. You have your motivation.
                            Ditch the gum... their training wheels. Training wheels are for pussies. :p
                            -Rick

Comment

Do it man I smoked for over 20 years, This Feb Pneumonia almost took me out of the Game, cause of being a smoke for so long I couldn't fight back, after a week in the hospital & about 3 weeks recovery time I got through it.
                              I weighed 286 at the time, I quit smoking & dropped down to 235 I feel better eat better & sleep more which is a big plus. Stick with only good things can come from stopping smoking. Good Luck
                              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                              X