Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried a hydrogen converter on your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried a hydrogen converter on your car?

I just came across this ad claiming 30-50% better MPG guaranteed. And tax credits on top of that.

Does anyone know about this process if its any good? I'm just starting my google search on it now, but i figured I'd ask here first

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?ad=1519...id=218&cat=153

Snake oil. You'd be better off ditching the 1970's F350 and buying a european car that can do 70 mpg. Hopefully that way, when summer starts you won't force up our gas prices.
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Thats what I figured. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, what cars are doing 70? I get 40 in my corolla, and thought I was doing well

Comment

Yeah, load of crap

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...ileage/4310717

Comment

Good link, thebigz.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You need to leave the desert and come to Europe!

My little Suzuki alto 1.1GL does 70mpg combined, I know as I drive it, above even the manufacturers figures, although it'll do 75mpg on a clear run. But those are the UK gallons, which are smaller so in the USA 70 would be more like 58 mpg, yeah sorry, I was thinking about UK gallons, not US ones.

That said the new VW Golf's and Shitroean's and Nissans if you can get them do outstanding mileage and are comfortable, solid hatchbacks.

I just use the Suzuki as a run around when I don't want to take my truck. It'll do 80mph no worries and carry four people at a push. barn door engineering made in India with a 16V 4 pot Overhead Cam, Ali headed engine and leaf springs at the rear.

For looking like a moron and being forced off the road as people overtaking don't think you are really going that fast and blindside you when they pull in, I think it's worth it, especially the £20 road tax, which is typically around £200 for other cars. I'm 6'2" and I can fit in it OK. As soon as people see me when I step out they forget about messing with me.

BTW, it is actually a car and handles like a car and not a motorbike with four wheels. It's so cheap when it's done you just throw it out and get another.

It is pretty light though, I got caught on a steep incline down in Cornwall one day just after a rain and the front wheels just span, the Ford Transit behind me had to push me up the hill, but that was a pretty steep incline almost a 1 in 3.
            Last edited by ginsambo; 04-01-2013, 03:28 PM.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
            X