Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else as stoked as I am for the new Evil Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the first one is a classic, it is very dated. I'm excited to see the remake and if they spend more than the $20 it cost to make the last one, it should be really good.

Comment

I'll watch it if the reviews are good. The original is great, I don't think it's dated at all. I love how it starts: horny kids, a creepy cabin, a washed out bridge, and evil shit going down in the woods. There are no lame Shyamalan twists here!

Comment

I would rather have had an Evil Dead 4, to be honest.

Reboots are rarely worth the time and effort, though this is getting mixed reviews, they seem to be more favorable than not... I just hope it doesn't feel like a typical hollywood recipe movie.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't know.
          Part of the goodness of the original ED, was the acting of Bruce Campbell. Not saying he is a great actor, but he fit the role just so.

That may be hard to replace.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
            I don't know.
            Part of the goodness of the original ED, was the acting of Bruce Campbell. Not saying he is a great actor, but he fit the role just so.

That may be hard to replace.
            Very hard to replace to replace Bruce.

Not from that movie but

"This is my BOOM STICK"

"Give me some sugar baby"

Ya gotta love it.

Comment

I've been talking about the upcoming remake at work and, no surprise, a whole lot of guys haven't seen the original trilogy. Last night we watched ED 1&2 an AoD is tonight. So far, everyone agrees it's the shit and wonder how they've never seen it before now.

We can all agree that Ash is part of what makes Evil Dead what it is. But I still can't wait to see the updated vision of the franchise. If the new trilogy gets a whole new generation of fans, I fail to see a negative.

It's not like the original trilogy are going to vanish from my movie collection. I can enjoy them anytime I want and still be able to appreciate the evolution of the franchise on its own merit.

Atleast the Oldsmobile is in the remake. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                I would rather have had an Evil Dead 4, to be honest.
                I heard either Raimi or Campbell mention they have plans to do an Evil Dead 4 sometime after the reboot.

Comment

I've never watched Evil Dead before, though I am interested now. However, the quality of that youtube vid was terrible.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                  X