New Megadeth album to be titled "Super Collider."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Megadeth album to be titled "Super Collider."

It will be out in June, I can't wait! http://www.revolvermag.com/news/mega...-collider.html

Nice. They're putting out albums pretty quick.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cant fuckin wait!!
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Dave fell off the wagon?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Another excuse to tour.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with Sephiroth here. It seems to me that a lot of these old bands, sadly also including Megadeth, only release new albums to keep people intested for their tours and not because they have any artistic ambitions with their music. I've been largely disappointed by the most recent Megadeth albums. Seems to me that Dave is recycling ideas. I thought that with Broderick joining, we might see some new influences, but by all accounts, nobody has a say in the writing other than Dave. Even Ellefson is probably only a hired gun after he returned.

Comment

Personally, I think he should have quit after Countdown. Kinda like how Slayer should have hung it up after South or Seasons. Or Anthrax after Spreading before they turned into mallcore. Or kinda like how Yngwie should have after his first two... I mean, Rising Force + Alcatraz Live Sentence sums up all the real material he ever knew... Metallica before Black, etc...
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I think over all, Megadeth has gotten better with age. Endgame was just fucking insane... its hard to one-up an album like Endgame, and while 13 didnt do it, its still a kickass album with pretty much no bad songs on it IMO. These old guys have no choice but to put out as many albums as they can, with all the GARBAGE coming out today, these old guys are our only saving grace!
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

You have a point, RobRR. An important aspect is probably also how easy and cheap it is to record and produce high-quality material these days, which means that making an album is not the big, expensive thing it once was, so perhaps it's all just a sign that things have changed and that a higher frequency of new albums is to be expected. Whether this implies a drop in quality I don't know, but maybe people are more careful about what they do when it's super expensive and hard to even get the chance

Comment

Also, keep in mind that they have their own studio now, so it's easier to crank out albums.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                      I think over all, Megadeth has gotten better with age. Endgame was just fucking insane... its hard to one-up an album like Endgame, and while 13 didnt do it, its still a kickass album with pretty much no bad songs on it IMO. These old guys have no choice but to put out as many albums as they can, with all the GARBAGE coming out today, these old guys are our only saving grace!
                      Damn right Rob!
                      I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

I used to really like Megadeth up until Risk but I think Dave has really run out of ideas. Broderick is an amazing player but In my opinion has failed to write anything as memorable as the previous great Megadeth players. Besides, the title Super Collider sounds like it should be a Tenacious D record.
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Endgame was awesome. Thirteen was.. meh. Hopefully this one will be better, but I'm happy as long as it provides me with another chance to see em.

Comment

Maybe they're scouring youtube and such and stealing song ideas? Think of the massive library of material from unknowns on the internet, and how easy it is to find it all. Who's going to believe some nobody in Rural Asswater when they say "Megadave stole my stuff"?
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X