New Gun Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gun Day

Fearing an assult rifle ban, I headed down to the local gun show and picked up another AK-47. This is an oddball Chinese "hunting" AK-47 with a milled receiver. I still don't know much about guns, but I thought since this "private sale" was only $850, it sounded better since most AK's I saw were in the $1200 range.

Anyway, let me know if I got ripped off or not. Came with everything (2 5rd mags, 1 30rd mag) shown less the case (got a couple for $25 each).

Oh, and this was said to be "pre-ban" as well.

Looks like an older Norinco to me.Might be a Siaga IDK.
    Pre ban I guess depends on which ban 86 or the Bill Clinton one.
    Milled receiver is always a better choice.Not sure if you can swap out for pistol grip and AK butt stock on that one.
    What caliber? 223,7.62X39 or5.45X39?
    Last edited by straycat; 02-03-2013, 08:09 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It is a Norinco. 7.62x39.

Yeah, might be a little hard to change things out.

Comment

I have seen and heard of these before, but, that is about the limit of my knowledge on this exact model. -Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

The back of the receiver is cut at an angle looks like but I'm sure there are polymer stocks out there for it.
          Check around and see what choices you have.Stock up on ammo for it.
          Won't be cheap tho'. I have been getting it for 6.95 up to $9.00 for 20 rounds. Bulk buys aren't out there at this time.

Comment

Norinco makes good stuff. One of these days I'm going to pick up a Norinco 1911. Congratulations on the Norinco! I just picked up 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 from AIM Surplus last week. They were still selling at $4.99 per box of 20 which isn't bad. They're out of stock right now, but if you create an account it will let you get e-mail alerts when it gets back in stock.

Comment

Milled Norinco's are good guns Polytech was another very high quality AK as well.
              Check out Centerfire Systems they may have polymer thumb hole stocks for those.

How was the show I forgot to ask you that.LOL
              Last edited by straycat; 02-04-2013, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I had been wanting a milled AK-47 but the one guy who had some wanted $950 for them (Pre-hype). I figured getting one post-hype for $850 was a good deal, and I had heard Chinese made good guns, but I had not heard of Norinco before. The gun seems to be good quality and my sons like the stock better than the wire stock on our other AK-47.

I was surprised the show was still packed on a Superbowl Sunday. I thought it wouldn't be quite so busy.

A box of 1000 7.63x39 was $350. If you wanted brass, it was $750. I didn't buy because I had bought from Bud's and it was $225 for 1000.

Cheapest 75 round drums were $175 - I bought for $75 at Bud's.

30 round clips were 3 for $100 - I bought Tapico's for $10 at Bud's.

40 round clips were $40 each.

Like I said earlier, the few AK's that were there were around $1200. Most AR's were around $1800.

What is the deal with 22LR ammo? It seems to be out everywhere. I bought 300 rounds at a TN Walmart but I was in a line of 10 people. 9mm seems hard to find as well.

I picked up the Plano gun cases for $25 each. I'm tired of my AK's being in a cardboard box LOL!

Comment

my brother just scored an SKS semi auto with two 40 round mags for $300!! i am on the look-out for one now....
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

SKS's are in the $400-$500 range ATM most are not matching numbers sadly but still great guns.

Comment

I remember buying SKS rifles for $89.00 with a fixed 10 round and $109.00 with removable 30 round mags back in the early 90's. These were the good ones, too, wrapped in greasy wax type paper. Ammo was $3.00 for 15 rounds or $5.00 for 30. -Lou
                      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                        I remember buying SKS rifles for $89.00 with a fixed 10 round and $109.00 with removable 30 round mags back in the early 90's. These were the good ones, too, wrapped in greasy wax type paper. Ammo was $3.00 for 15 rounds or $5.00 for 30. -Lou
                        I picked up one of them at Shooters World clearance sale in 1989 for $79. I even got some of that pre-ban steel core Chinese ammo to go with it. That shit ricochets like a mother fucker.
                        Went out to the desert for some target practice and loaded up a few steel core rounds into the mag. After two shots, one round came whizzing back at me. That's when I dumped the rest of the ammo in the mag and switched to soft tips.
                        Sold off the steel core stuff the next day. Scary ammo.
                        -Rick

Comment

I just sold a chinese SKS for $400 about 2 weeks ago. It was really accurate and fun to shoot, but ammo prices are insane now days. Not long ago you could buy 1000 rounds of Russian 7.62x39 for well under $200.

Anyway, your AK looks pretty fun. I wonder if after market stock kits would fit on this one. I always liked the look of folding skeleton stocks on an AK.
                          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I look at it this way - how hard could making a replacement stock be? I have wood working tools - it'll be easier than a guitar I would imagine. Maybe I'll make something out of flamed maple LOL!

So do you guys think this was a fair deal or did I get ripped off? The guy who sold it to me said he had just put it out that morning. I think he had some lookers and tire kickers, so that is why he made the deal with me.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              I look at it this way - how hard could making a replacement stock be? I have wood working tools - it'll be easier than a guitar I would imagine. Maybe I'll make something out of flamed maple LOL!

So do you guys think this was a fair deal or did I get ripped off? The guy who sold it to me said he had just put it out that morning. I think he had some lookers and tire kickers, so that is why he made the deal with me.
                              Its hard to say with the market being the way it is. Gunbroker.com only has a few on their site. The ones getting bids are in the $650-ish range ,but, they still have time to go in the auction. Check out this link for some good info on it regarding any modifying. http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=4&f=78&t=106541 -Lou

Comment

Working...
                              X