Life and why i've been grumpy and whil 2013 is already better then 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life and why i've been grumpy and whil 2013 is already better then 2012

So I am thrilled that 2013 is here. I'm going to start with the good news - I'm currently working doing Tech Support and have a phone interview with a much larger company on Tuesday. Money is great and is coming in so I'm a little more emotionally settled in right now.

2012 sucked really bad. First it started in Feb when my brother surviving brother had to go to the ER because he blew up like a balloon and was in pain. He was diagnosed with liver failure (whatever the actual medical term is) he's on a donor list now at Stanford so at least that may have a happy ending but it's still wait and see.

The second issue is that not only was i note working and making money but my mom who was fighting her second bought of cancer got really sick. She had cancer and COPD/emphysema from smoking 68 of her 80 years etc. She developed AFIB from lack of oxygen and had been on oxygen for the last couple months of her life and constant breathing treatments. For a few months I was her in house home care, taking vitals, doing her meds up for her, cleaning her...

She physically could not stand up on her own anymore so I had to help with everything she did. The harsh part is the doctors said 6 months and she only lasted a couple weeks. I was prepared for a long haul and it ended up not being that.

She passed away in August.

This is also why i had been selling off my equipment, to avoid losing the house since I had no money coming in while i was doing this and my brother is too sick to work. Now I'm working, making very good money so I can relax a little.

So I've started keeping track of all the positive things that happen moving forward as I had enough negative in my life the last few years to hold me over for a very long time.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

tough year, man. sounds like things are turning around for you.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Man I hope it looks up 2012 brought both my rents with cancer and my fun medical issues all continuing. All ya can do is trudge on and stay strong and look at the positives.

If you dont have a guitar to play let me know ill piece something together for ya so you can at least noodle around man!
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Sounds like youre staying positive.Awesome, keep it up. It sucks when things go bad cause it seems like you dont get a chance to breath as youre getting kicked in the balls....Good luck man
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

wow what a sucky year.
          my condolences for your loss (I lost both of my parents to Cancer, it's not fun being a bystander to it)
          I hope 2013 is a turnaround year for you. hang in there
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
            Man I hope it looks up 2012 brought both my rents with cancer and my fun medical issues all continuing. All ya can do is trudge on and stay strong and look at the positives.

If you dont have a guitar to play let me know ill piece something together for ya so you can at least noodle around man!
            Nah I still have like 20+ guitars left I sold a KV5FR and my Jackson Stars. The Stars was painful to part with but it had to be done. I look at it as it makes room for replacing them with something better down the line once the new job goes perm.
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

My mother passed away in 2006. Sorry to hear about your loss. Things get better.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I feel your pain bro. After already having lost a sister in 93, my dad in 01 and a brother New Years 2009, I lost my mom to lung cancer in July, and another brother to liver disease in October. I'm 43. This by far has been the worst year of my life emotionally. My mom especially...nicest person you'd ever meet, a real angel on earth. So if 2013 isn't a lot better I'll REALLY be pissed at god! I thought I was atheist turns out I'm agnostic Life can really suck at times so I try to enjoy the good times that much more cuz ya never know...I definitely don't have any answers, but I actually do know what you're feeling/going through so just hang in there buddy...it's what your mom would want is for you to live well
                Hear the universe scream
                Bleeding from black holes
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

i've lost family members, and oceans of friends over the years. you never get used to it. i'm sorry guys
                  for all of your hurts. 2012 was an attrocious year for me. i'll leave it at that.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                  X