Severe cases of GAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe cases of GAS

Anyone else go through a severe GAS phases? Like once you buy something, you need to upgrade other pieces of your gear?

About a month ago I was in the market for a nice distortion pedal, a few hundreds of dollars later, and bunch of trips to the music store buying and returning gear and selling my old stuff on Kijiji.

I end up with the following and I think i'm still not done.

Original -> Transition -> Final Piece
    MXR Dime Distortion -> MXR Full Bore, Jekyll & Hyde -> Blackstart HT-Metal
    Blackheart Little Giant 5W -> Tube upgrades -> Traynor Darkhorse 15W
    Blackheart Cab -> Celestion V30 speaker upgrade -> Back to stock -> Darkhorse 1x12 > Back to blackheart Cab -> Wanna buy a 212 Cab
    Downsize my guitars from 3 (Jackson Dk2, Schecter Revenger 6, Ibanez XF350) -> 1x USA Jackson SLH2, I want another USA

I think my wife is sick of me being on classifieds and making trips to the guitar store every other day, I hope i'm not the only one!

And this is not including new strings, new picks, new straps, replacement floyd parts, RC3 Loop Station (Bought and returned)

All I originally wanted was a new distortion pedal!

Me too, it never ends.
    At least you are doing it in a manner which seems to either not cost you anything or you recoup some of the $$ spent.
    I went through this the last year+ with the Randall/Egnater MTS amp system (still not done )
    Late this year I went a little goofy on guitars. Started with the Epiphone LP P90 in mid October (only because it was here in town), that fueled the GAS for another guitar. Keep in mind for the last 10 years my guitars were a '94 KV Pro & a '01 DXMG. So on my way back from NY, passing through Minneapolis in early November, I picked up a SLSXMG (I was eyeing that prior to the Epi). It kills and again fueled my GAS. I was on the lookout actually for a SDX, but in mid December I found a decent deal on a RRXMG. I'm trying to get away from all EMGs, so this eventually will become my "RATT Mobile" with SD Custom Custom & Jazz or '59 pickups, OFR or Gotoh Floyd, & gold hardware. I already have Dave (Frets On the Net) making me up a Rolls Royce style RR truss rod cover. Now the SDX is my most compelling urge that needs a fix.

Not to mention, with the acquisitions of the new Jackson's, that got me thinking, my playing had gotten a little stale + it could stand to get better, so GP had a special before Christmas. $5 DVD tutorials... sold & I ended up getting 4 DVDs.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

NoWisdom - If the wife is sick of it already, STAY AWAY FROM THE RANDALL/EGNATER MTS SYSTEM!!!.. I never had GAS like I do with modules. And I don't have that many..
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Hi everyone, new user here.

I have terrible problems with getting new gear and then wanting to upgrade everything else as its not on the same level.

For me it started with my first Kv2, then i sold some old Bc rich ironbird and bought another KV2 then i sold a bunch of gym gear and bought my RR1. Now i want to sell more guitars and get a Soloist.

Almost seems like searching for perfection but its always one step away, you get the thing you have wanted for so long and then you think there is something better around the corner

Cheers,

Comment

I have no friggin clue what the hell this thread is about? I can't believe the mods would even let shit like this pass on this forum!

Bad case of GAS? Us??
          Last edited by Amerturk; 01-15-2013, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Just being on this forum gives me such a bad case of gas, if anyone lights a match near me, the whole city is gonna get leveled.

Comment

Originally posted by Amerturk View Post
              I have no friggin clue what the hell this thread is about? I can't believe the mods would even let shit like this pass on this forum!

Bad case of GAS? Us??

hahaha oh my god...

Comment

Tim you need a scary surfer....
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Somebody like Barettas
                  >^v^<

Comment

Hey now theres at least 3 pacers there too lol
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

seeing collections like that gives me GAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Amerturk View Post

Bad case of GAS? Us??

Oh come on. You need to take us through each of those!

very impressive collection sir.

Comment

I have allways wanted the Kramer with the statue of liberty and fireworks cause my Bday is the 4th of July...Very nice collection
                          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

post deleted.
                            Last edited by Amerturk; 01-15-2013, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Timmy theres one you need in mine....

maybe 2...

Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                              X