Late birthday present... Firearm content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late birthday present... Firearm content

In November I decided to buy an AR 15 lower receiver for my birthday present. Over time I purchased parts to build it and I just received my upper receiver 2 days ago so my "birthday present" is complete. I'm lucky to have purchased all of this before the prices went insane.

Upper:
    16" 1:7 M4 barrel
    Free float midlength quad rail
    Stainless steel micro hidden/adjustable gasblock
    Flat top

Lower:
    Magpul stock, pistol grip and 30 round windowed magpul magazine

Here's a pic

Now I can't find any ammo for it...
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Yeah, its been crazy with ammo and guns ever since the issue in CT. Do me and you a favor.....and I am sure it is and I am sure you checked already, but, check to make sure your parts are 5.56mm capable. Some of the componant pieces are only good for .223. This causes an issue as 5.56mm has a much higher load rating. Just because 5.56mm will fit in .223, it doesn't mean it is safe for it.

I have ran into a couple guys that bought stuff because it saved a few bucks only to find out it is not able to handle the breach load of 5.56mm. -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Nothing like the smell of a buffer and 5.56mm.

Nice build dude. One of my favorite rifles and 10x better than the m16.

Comment

Yeah I made sure it's chambered in 5.56mm. I really like the AR 15 platform; it's like Lego's for adults. You can change uppers and have different caliber, or change stocks, grips, sights, etc...

After I ordered my upper, they went out of stock and gun prices went through the roof. So my AR 15 is worth at least 2x as much now.

Comment

There was a gun show this weekend but the news said the lines were long so I didn't bother. I'd like to pick up a second AK but have no idea of prices right now.

Comment

Don the gun show here was nuts and the dealers were gouging big time.
            Ammo is cheaper at Wal Mart no kidding.
            A Czech VZ 58 was priced at 1400.00 and I paid 650.00 two months ago.
            A thumb hole stock Norinco AK sporter was 1500.00 WTF?
            I was looking for an Armalite AR 180 and even the polymer lowered version was 1000.00 so I passed on it 600.00 on a good day IMO.
            Surplus AR mags were 29.00 when two months ago you could buy them all day for 8- 10 bucks.
            I did get two 60 round surefire AR 15 mags still in the package but paid a hefty price for them.The word is hi cap mags are going to be worth a lot here in the near future.
            I checked gunbroker.com and the Surefire 60 round mags were over 200.00 this morning.
            I paid 180.00 a piece which is insane but 5 months down the road I bet I can get 275-300 out of them.
            I have a friend that is a gun parts dealer and he told me he wouldn't be surprised if his sales for the two days was going to be close to 50 grand.
            Here are the 60 round mags.
            Last edited by straycat; 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Almost broke out the Visa for a Springfield M1 Garand with a flame maple stock the gun was super clean and had just been gone thru by Springfield.
              $1800.00 was a bit of money but a very cool piece.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The prices are insane, definitely not a good time to be buying firearms, thats for sure! I was talking to my ffl guy and he said their firearms supplier made $100,000 in one day, the day after Obama got re-elected! I bought my 30 round P-mags for $14, now people are paying around $50 each. I should have ordered some more of those...

Comment

I finally broke down a bought an SKS last Saturday. It was $400.00. I remember when they could be had for about $100.00 a pop.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                    I finally broke down a bought an SKS last Saturday. It was $400.00. I remember when they could be had for about $100.00 a pop.
                    I remember they were $89.99 with a fixed 10 round or $109.99 with a removable 30 round mag. Ammo was $3.00 for 15 rounds....you just had to match the ammo with the barrel....corrosive or non-corrosive.-Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
                    X