• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops

can you say "Flight case"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...214634001.html
    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

I think he should file hate crime charges.

Comment

" Dave Schneider, guitarist and singer for Hanukkah-themed rock band The LeeVees... Schneider, who also tours as the lead singer of the hockey-themed rock group the Zambonis..." WTF???

I think what actually happened is that Gibson freed itself from its case and tried to commit suicide before having to play another one of this dude's awful gigs...

Comment

If it were me,I make part of the company's offer to "make it right" where the people involved in this incident would be made available to me.

As a form of punishment,I'd beat them in the face with an old sock full of fresh dog shit,then make sure the company paid for the repairs out of THEIR checks. Tommy D.
        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Delta should take care of it. It was in their care when it happened. That's just the price of doing business. Sadly getting it repaired won't make it like it was before so, next time take a different flight.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I've flown two SL2Hs from Albuquerque to Shanghai ... the first thing I did is research how to handle this, I.e. should I carry on or check in, do I need a flight case.. Do I need to remove the string tension.. Really I have little sympathy for a guy who didn't try his best to protect his baby. If I own a $2000+ guitar, it gets packed in an anvil case!
            Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

With the cold temperatures that it gets to in the storage areas I don't think anyone should put their guitars on plaines(ala george lynch's sandoval bengal with the shattered finish).
              when I used to work at a touring venue we would rent guitars for many of the artists because of shit like this. they don't fly with their own guitars.

Comment

That's why I always hate the suspense of having a guitar in transit when being shipped to me... It may be rare, but it sure does suck when it happens.

Comment

He probably tried to carry it on and got fucked because he had a shit ticket with no status. We'll gate check that for you sir, no no, it'll be fine.

If he checked it at the counter he's an idiot.

Comment

I feel sorry for that fella.

This is the problem with American airlines, they don't allow any stow baggage and carry on rules are stupid. Although I've seen turbulance so bad that anything not tied down goes weighless and airborne, so I understand. People leave oversize carry on items at the dock by the door and often think they are going some special place, but they just get chucked in with the rest underneath. It's even on the internationals now. Three years ago I could bring back half a house, now, just one stow bag and a carry on. The problem for me is stupid people, often mostly Americans, due to their domestic flight experiences, who take about 6 carry ons and have two big international flight lockers to themselves, by the time I board all the lockers are taken. And to add insult to injury, the fuckers weigh about twice as much as I do and need asssistance loading and unloading their gear and the stewardess is telling me I will have to stow my guitar necks in the cargo. Seriously. If people cannot manage all their gear, they should not be allowed to take it, I am sick of helping old fat ladies in velveteen jumpsuits stow their 5 hardcase samsonite carry on's, which apparently all have medication in them, all the while thinking that if their was to be an incident, these fat bloaters would probably be the death of me as they would block the isles and if baggage was set on combined human weight and baggage then I'd get an extra 1000lb allowance compared to these fucks.

And no one even takes notice of where the nearest safety exit is.

Then you sit there, being nice and not reclining your chair, as you know how uncomfortable that is for you, when you are 6'2" in economy, whilst the person in front reclines theirs straight away and the ungrateful fuck behind you starts kicking the back of your chair.

It's dog eat dog at the docking gate and if the staff can't help you what hope have you got?

And if you refuse to fly you are fucked. Pretty much a loose loose situtation if you ask me.

And then, after all of that, you face collected a guitar that is completely mangled?

I fucking HATE flying. It's a doom scenario whichever way you look at it.
                    Last edited by ginsambo; 01-07-2013, 03:40 AM.
                    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Well since we're smashing Americans here's a (good natured?) smash for you! Stop buying ghetto tickets and build some status. If you were the world traveller you seem to infer you are you'd have put together the paltry 25k miles you need on American or its many partners (including BA, JAL, Iberia, Cathay, AB) to ensure you always board before the rabble.

And you want to carry on guitar necks?? Oh those fit nicely in the overhead. Reminds me of a guy that packed a baseball bag utility bag with garbage and then shoved it up there. Took up an entire bin.

And be nice to old ladies....you'll be one some day!

I keed I keed! I'll buy you a cold one in the club next time you run through the US, just let me know!

(beers are free but wherever)

The truth is the gate attendants don't confront passengers that are bringing insane garbage onto the plane trying to beat baggage fees. The only way to win is to make sure you don't board last, and the only way to do that is to fly more or pony up an extra $6k for first class.

And with the mergers it's only going to get worse. I used to get bumped to first almost every flight. Now more like every 5 flights. At least I don't have to gate check my bag.

Comment

It could be Americans or the Brits, both are just as fat and obnoxious, but my point was that continental flights in the US have conditioned US citizens to take as many carry ons as they can handle and some. I know it's a big country, but you guys are getting seriously ripped off by your airlines. It's like in the UK, half the taxes for intercontinental flights from the UK, aren't really taxes, they are fees by airports and services, which often they have a majority stake in or a sibling company.

In the USA, if you board last, you don't get a seat, they overbook like crazy and last three years I've seen, every flight have been capacity, where as before continental airlines used to run like Greyhound buses.

You have to worry though, although the smaller twin engined planes they are using from the UK to the US make sense in terms of capacity and economy (They run two instead of a single 747 like they used to). Given a strong easterly headwind and it's 50:50 if you are going to make land before the gas runs out. This is the way airlines are run these days. I've lost count of how many intercontinental flights have had to be diverted to Newfoundland in order to refuel.

At least with a connecting flight from an incoming international, as a foreigner they treat you right, due to the international regs. If you are an American citizen, they just leave you to rot if the flight is cancelled for no apparent reason.

Still, it could be worse, you.ve never experienced the like of Ryan Air yet. I wonder what would happen if they got a foothold in the US...with their policies their would probably be a riot.

I am ALWAYS fucking NICE! That is my problem, I am always helping fat, obnoxious, ungrateful, old ladies. I never get upgraded as I got long hair and ALWAYS get taken aside and searched as I have long hair and travel alone. Every time! And the worse thing is that this gives the other fucking old ladies, who I stayed behind in the plane to help with their obscene overhead carry on baggage, time to get ahead in the inetrnational passport queue, for which they run one or two passport officiers, so when I eventually run to my connecting flight, THERE IS NO FUCKING ROOM IN THE OVERHEAD LOCKERS.

FUCK THE BITCHES in their velour jumpsuits! STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!

Anyway, I had a couple of guitar bodies in stowage in large kitchen zip lock bags, I can only guess that they blew up with the lack of air pressure as when I got to them, it was like they were vacuum packed.
                        Last edited by ginsambo; 01-07-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
                          I am sick of helping old fat ladies in velveteen jumpsuits stow their 5 hardcase samsonite carry on's
                          Poof. You are missing out on some serious frottage right there. Give them a cheeky grin and say your raging tumescence is a reaction to your fear of flying. You will soon be having BJs all the way home.

Probably. And that's just from the Steward!

Definitely try to get your fingers wet. (I don't like these Onesies some women wear now, they are unsporting)

the person in front reclines theirs straight away and the ungrateful fuck behind you starts kicking the back of your chair.
                          That's me!! Both of them!!

I am ALWAYS fucking NICE! That is my problem, I am always helping fat, obnoxious, ungrateful, old ladies. I never get upgraded as I got long hair and ALWAYS get taken aside and searched as I have long hair and travel alone. Every time!
                          I always sidle up to the budgie on the gate and say I'm a little nervous of the long-haired grebo who is on his own. Then I suggest phoning ahead to Customs and get them preparing The Glove.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Damn, thought something was up, like it was a conspiracy. I suppose now is a good time to tell you, that for the 3 hours prior to the last inflight meal whilst you were asleep and before you awoke to listen to the only Trace Adkins album on the monitor, I was keeping your headphones warm for you in a nice cosy place....

....up my butt. Wha ha ha ha haaaaa!

The real problem I have is at customs is that when the random pre customs security girl milling about comes up to me and says, 'What are your intentions in the US? Where are you planning on staying and are you planning to do any work?' I put on this vague look, stare up at the ceiling and murmur 'Well, ummmm, I don't know really, hadn't really thought about it' Red flag then and there.

Then she pads me down. I should learn I guess.

Comment

Update: Both Delta & Gibson come through:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...203119266.html
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X