Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a fresh batch of shine today....

Will be a good night!! Happy New Year......Y'all.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

While setting off fireworks in the drizzle, I treated myself to a pocketflask of Glen Fiddich Caoran 12 year (probably 18 by now)
    to keep me warm

Happy new year and bottoms up Lou!
    Last edited by Nightbat; 12-31-2012, 09:34 PM.
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

How can anyone drink it? It's like what was said in the Matrix and "it's good for de-greasing engines and killing brain cells."

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
        How can anyone drink it? It's like what was said in the Matrix and "it's good for de-greasing engines and killing brain cells."
        That's easy. You just temper it down with some water or my personal faves:

1: Cherry juice and a couple cherries

2: Apple juice, cinnamon sticks and brown sugar.

3: Strawberry juice and lemon juice.

I use a corn feed base that is coated in molasses. It has a really sweet flavor. Little strong at full proof, but, just adding some water makes it very drinkable. -Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I've always wondered what does the shine actually taste like? is it like a vodka?

Comment

I get mine from a friend whos family has been making it for generations.The still itself is over 150 years old.
            The guy that makes it is in his 90's and that is all he has done his whole life.
            Gotta love the mountain folks of Eastern Ky.
            Love me some almighty 190.
            Good moonshine is quite a pleasure to drink I like to add honey or peach flavoring.
            Tastes nothing like vodka to me.
            Last edited by straycat; 01-01-2013, 03:53 PM.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I knew this guy from Georgia that had friends from the "back-woods". He said they made some pretty potent watermelon shine. He said it was so smooth, you could drink a whole mason jar, then stand up and fall on your face . He was also a cop...

I've never had it myself though.
              Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
              Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                I've always wondered what does the shine actually taste like? is it like a vodka?
                It has a flavor all its own and changes according to the ingredients and who made it. You can make it from grain, but, to my taste buds and nose, grain alcohol smells like and taste like isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Corn is your best bet. It has a good sweet flavor.

I usually make a 5 gallon batch which usually yields about 4-5 good mason jars of drinkable shine. The first 50ml ( in a 5 gallon batch ) or so is actually poison and you need to dispose of it.....it makes a good pipe and chrome cleaner. This is called the " head ". The "heart " is the good stuff. After that, you get into the " tail " or " foot ". It doesn't taste as good ,but, it is safe to drink. Many people actually throw the tail into the next batch. -Lou

Comment

Good moonshine is really a treat but you have to be careful who makes it and how its made.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                    I knew this guy from Georgia that had friends from the "back-woods". He said they made some pretty potent watermelon shine. He said it was so smooth, you could drink a whole mason jar, then stand up and fall on your face . He was also a cop...

I've never had it myself though.
                    It seems a lot of law enforcement officers either make or have a friend that makes it. You really need to latch onto a 'shiner that takes pride in their formula and does clean shine. Some guys that are out there just to make a quick buck put some nasty shit in it to either speed up the fermenting or they cut what they made with windshield washer fluid or some shit so they can sell more of it. -Lou

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Good moonshine is really a treat but you have to be careful who makes it and how its made.
                      Hehe...we posted about the same time!-Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                        Dunno, but Poteen certainly does. Stick to Buckie, young man. There's a good reason for the phrase "blind drunk"...
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I've had some from time to time. Potent is not a good word to describe it. Corn liquor XXX distilled for a good reason. The head is usually akin to antifreeze, the feet are akin to 'rot-gut' and the heart will warm your soul. That's what the old man I'd get it from always told me, said his daddy taught him, and his daddy taught him.
                          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I heard it also works well with stripping guitars...just sayin'

Comment

Thanks Lou!

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                              Dunno, but Poteen certainly does. Stick to Buckie, young man. There's a good reason for the phrase "blind drunk"...
                              Haha we're not all buckie drinking maniacs up here...just most of us !

Comment

Working...
                              X