No announcement yet.

Fucking Mayans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, yeah, the end of Twinkies means the End of the World! DUH! Life got a lot duller when that happened. Who cares about the Spotted Dick Owl? You ever had Generic Twinkies? What an atrocity!

Anyone know an Ambulance Chaser that can cook me up a lawsuit against the Mayans, or at least against the crackpots who publicly misinterpreted and misrepresented the Mayan calendar and "predicted" the world was going to end, for breach of contract? False advertisement? Emotional pain and suffering? For like millions of $$$ ?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Mayans stabbed themselves in the dicks to appease their deities.

They apparently weren't too bright.

Comment

It's entirely possible they simply stole the calendar from another culture they invaded, like Rome used to do.

It's also possible that someone misinterpreted the whole Mayan heiroglyphics system. I mean, it's not like anyone was left to translate it. For all we know, this "calendar" could be a decorative wheel, or a record of the week's raids.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
          c'mon some people wanted to make money out of this thing and tangled what mayans counted on their calendars as the coming of the aquarius age with the end of the world....those who believed in it were and still are FUCKING IDIOTS.....in Greece there are still some fuckheads who believe in the ancient 12 Greek gods and they gathered at the sanctuary of Delphi to save themselves from the ultimate destruction....boooohhhh
          plenty of people around here still believe in gods too
          Hail yesterday

Comment

All we have to do now is deal with all the news about the impending asteroid that is going to hit Earth 2024.LOL
            Media is so lame these days.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              It's entirely possible they simply stole the calendar from another culture they invaded, like Rome used to do.

It's also possible that someone misinterpreted the whole Mayan heiroglyphics system. I mean, it's not like anyone was left to translate it. For all we know, this "calendar" could be a decorative wheel, or a record of the week's raids.

There are millions of Mexicans who claim to be Mayan. But when considering just how many natives the Spanish wiped out with war and disease, the # who claim to be natives is highly suspect (especially since so few know any native non-spanish languages and only know what modern history can teach them).

Anyway, the Mayan calendar never predicted the end of the world and only predicted the beginning of a new cycle like going from Dec. 31st to January 1st, but in a longer scale. I think the whole "end of the world" thing was blown way out of proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                I think it was just a stupid media imposed BS attention thing. I heard on the radio today that the end of their calendar only marked a beginning of another one. well then big fucking deal, its like any other fucking calendar then. Fuckin media.

I have the same problem with my Abi Titmuss Calendar 2005, and it's getting a bit grubby now. I need a new one.

(Actually, if I don't get Ms Titmuss, in her stockings, in my stocking, later tonight, a certain fat cunt in a red suit is in for a good kicking)
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

The world did actually end, but we all survived proving once and for all that we are all descended from Keith Richards.
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                  X