Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling Down....

...fucking sucks.

Got home from werk yesterday morning, cold and wet outside. Stepped back out to feed the cats and slipped on a patch of ice on the steps. Good thing I was wearing a belt or I'd probably have a chipped hip bone. Caught the edge of the wooden step right where my belt was. Minor scratch with no bruise, but hurt like fuck.

Was at werk last night and went to push a plastic crate over about a foot, when the side wall collapsed and I went down on one knee right onto it, which has waffle-type gridwork (ABS plastic). Caught one of the raised portions just under the kneecap, as well as banging my shin on the bottom edge on the way down. Hurts like fuck.

Gotta werk tonight as well. Hopefully I won't have to do my own stunts

And I'm always singing Iron Maiden's "Falling Down" whenever I half-trip over or slip on something
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

When I used to work next to a mall I went to go to the food court to grab some lunch. It was snowing wet snow outside that day and the stairs into the food court were polished marble. I was careful all the way down but the 3rd step from the bottom it was like some astronomic force ripped my legs out from under me and I landed on the edge of a step right on my ass.

When I got home the bruise looked like a big purple ugly pac-man and my ass hurt for about 2 weeks.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      right on my ass.

When I got home the bruise looked like a big purple ugly pac-man and my ass hurt for about 2 weeks.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        And I'm always singing Iron Maiden's "Falling Down" whenever I half-trip over or slip on something
        I thought about that when reading your thread title... wondering if it was about the Michael Douglas movie that Iron Maiden wrote the song about.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I thought about that when reading your thread title... wondering if it was about the Michael Douglas movie that Iron Maiden wrote the song about.
          I thought that movie was great!

Comment

Indeed, it was!

Comment

Hey, careful there, safety guy!

Comment

Comment

I have Falling Down on Laser Disc. I need to bust out the player and give it a watch. Hopefully rot hasn't set in.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    I have Falling Down on Laser Disc. I need to bust out the player and give it a watch. Hopefully rot hasn't set in.
                    You know it's a slow day on the JCF when the bros are bustin' out the LaserDiscs!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      You know it's a slow day on the JCF when the bros are bustin' out the LaserDiscs!
                      Perhaps, but at least they're not popping in "Gone with the wind" or season 3 of "Twilight"
                      Falling Down is one great fucking movie
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Laser Disc! I remember them, but never actually bought one.

Comment

Someone said falling down the stairs?
                          Last edited by buzzsaww; 12-20-2012, 07:49 PM.
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I thought this was gonna be about the movie too.. anyway,, hope your healing well Matt.

MOSHON
                            DAVE
                            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

another reason to hate cats

Comment

Working...
                              X