X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your name Jim or James?

Or do you live on James St?

If so, Red Robin has a promotion today only: JIM DAY

Show up at a Red Robin with ID and they'll give ya a free BBQ burger!

I believe this is national (USA) so go to

http://www.redrobin.com/

and find your local RR!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Yummmm

Comment

If we meet up at RR at a prescribed time and call each other Jim at the bar for an hour, then leave her a decent tip, maybe they'd forget about having no ID.
      Red Robin, Yum.

Sincerely yours,

Jimmy the Jim Man Jimbopotomus
      Mitch
      AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

When the fuck is Dave Day?!?

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
          I second that

Comment

I can't remember the restaurant but they had a "Bob's your uncle" day. If your name was Robert or Bob and you went with your niece or nephew you got a free meal.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

How about Mads day? When is that, if I may ask?

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                How about Mads day? When is that, if I may ask?

Februray 24th for you, Lutheran.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Haha... and he's supposed to be French in that role even though he's got a thick Danish accent, right?

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                    Haha... and he's supposed to be French in that role even though he's got a thick Danish accent, right?
                    Most people wouldn't notice the difference... much.... Standard French (a frankish influened Oïl/northern gallo-romance language) has similar northern germanic R's and L's as Danes, some Dutch, some Germans etc.

A lot of people aren't familiar with Danish as much as with some other Scandinavian languages so one can describe it as a German attempting to speak Swedish with French accent.... if stupid and simplistic explanation is needed...

When it comes to Le Chiffre, then he is supposed to have some Alsace background, that would make Germanic accent believable. Wikipedia says that he has traces of Marseille accent which then makes it absurd as Marseille accent is very Italian influenced and traditionally the people in Marseille spoke Occitan and not Oïl, specially Germanic influenced Oïl. Today very few speak Occitan of course but plenty speak Catalan in Spain and Andorra which came from Occitan language. Not much germanic influence there. And Marseille is probably the most Latin city on the planet, most people there have roots from Italy, Spain, Portugal, other places in Southern France etc. + Plenty of Greek, Jewish, Arabic and even Slavic influences. Very non-Germanic city.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                      Dave's not here...
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                      X