New Gun Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gun Day

Picked this up Wednesday afternoon. Springfield Armory XDM 40 3.8 Compact with Night Sites. Mags are loaded in this pic because I was heading out to the range this morning.

Maiden voyage saw 250 rounds go through her. Loved every minute of it. Very well balanced gun. While the mag loader that comes with it is functional it can be tricky, I picked up an uplula loader before heading to the range. Made the range experience much more enjoyable with no sore thumbs. Really made getting all 16 rounds in the mags nice and easy!

Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Coolness. I've been looking at S&W M&P, Kahr CW9, even SIG SP2022. The restrictions here in this state suck though!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Grats. I have 3 xd's. Just got the XDS. Love it

Comment

Congrats bro. Is this gonna be a daily carry pistol?

Also, I'm going to be living in Fayetteville soon. Any good music stores and gun ranges in the area?

Comment

Ron, The M&P is a beautiful gun but I was very leery of the hinged plastic trigger.

DRM, I'm pretty far from Fayetteville but according to the news alot of criminals are using the streets, convenience stores and nightclubs as ranges. You may have lots of moving targets down there.

Once I get my CCW it will be a daily carry pistol. My job says no weapons on the campus but we have people with knives that state they use them as tools so I'm wondering if I can get away with carrying and calling it a hole punch. :idea:
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Ron: you can't really go wrong with any of the current crop of polymer framed, striker fired pistols on the market. I am a die-hard Glock user, but if you can, check out the P99 from Walther. It has the best trigger I've ever felt in a striker fired handgun and the ergonomics rival the HK P30.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Coolness. I've been looking at S&W M&P, Kahr CW9, even SIG SP2022. The restrictions here in this state suck though!
              Very much agree about the restrictions. My brother was living in Nevada and I almost had him pick me up some 15 round mags for my Glock but knowing my luck my ass would get nailed for it so I just stuck to the 10 round ones.
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

That's a nice looking piece, and look at all the goodies it came with! One of my arms is the Taurus PT140. Is a middle of the road striker fired polymer grip 40cal. Its very comfortable to carry and all in all worth the money paid. Im always torn whether to carry it or my S&W model 457. The Smith is a bit bigger all around but I really like both. Of course on tight pants days I opt for my P3AT.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Grats on your purchase! Guns are good! lol

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                  Ron: you can't really go wrong with any of the current crop of polymer framed, striker fired pistols on the market. I am a die-hard Glock user, but if you can, check out the P99 from Walther. It has the best trigger I've ever felt in a striker fired handgun and the ergonomics rival the HK P30.
                  I agree. Any of the newer polymer autos are reliable. I personally don't like the USP or the XD's but I would have no issues with depending on my life with them. That even includes the Sigma. I'm not a Glock fan but they're reliable as well. My favorite is the P99. I also love the Steyr polymers. I haven't seen their latest ones, but the original P9 and P40 weren't well received by the shooting public, but I loved them and the weird triangular sight. I did get a chance to shoot one when they first came out and it was accurate and felt really nice shooting. Give me a standard P99 with the small backstrap or a Sig P220, or a really nice Les Baer or even Series 70 1911 variant and I'm happy.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Xenophobe, have you gotten to check out the new Sig E2 grips? I had the Sig CS install them on my P220 along with the short reset trigger and it might very well be my favorite .45 now.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                      Xenophobe, have you gotten to check out the new Sig E2 grips? I had the Sig CS install them on my P220 along with the short reset trigger and it might very well be my favorite .45 now.
                      Short reset trigger? E2 grips? I'll have to check this out. My only real issue with the P220 was the long reset of the trigger, but that was just nit-picking it.

Comment

The only issue I have with the P220 is the location of the slide stop. I still don't know why they didn't go with a "normal" position for their P series. Going from 1911 to Sig and vice versa is a PITA.

Comment

I've always loved the controls of the P220, personally.

Comment

That looks great is it a wide body gun?Been on the hunt for a Sig 239 I used to have one as my carry gun I sure miss it.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X