10 years at the JCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 years at the JCF

Just realized that I've been a member of this board for ten years now! Not sure if the join date actually was november 2002 or if it was earlier. I remember the board got upgraded at one time and I believe we all had to sign up again? Maybe somebody got a better memory than me?

During those years I haven't really posted much, I've mainly been lurking around and drooling over sweet guitars. I got my first US Jackson through this board (got a Snakeskin KE2 from Onlinestagegear new for $1500!), I remember the ass-kicking of Ed Roman, guitar whizzkid Word, all the cool limited edition guitars from Lloyd at GuitarXpress pluss much much more.

It has been ten great years and hopefully I will be a member here for at least another ten years!

I'm at 9 years myself but was on Charvel Central way back when too.
    Some had to re join when the new board was set up IIRC.
    Its been fun here.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've only been here for roughly 3 years myself, but I look forward to being here for as long as the place lasts.

Comment

If you have a Nov 2002 join date, you were likely here when JCF was on ezboard. I started posting here shortly before Jeremy took over the board. I'm not sure when that was, but it was probably some time in 2000, but I don't remember for sure. I lurked for a while before that.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have been here 9 years and have posted a lot less than you. Your post count seems high next to mine. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
            Just realized that I've been a member of this board for ten years now! Not sure if the join date actually was november 2002 or if it was earlier. I remember the board got upgraded at one time and I believe we all had to sign up again? Maybe somebody got a better memory than me?

During those years I haven't really posted much, I've mainly been lurking around and drooling over sweet guitars. I got my first US Jackson through this board (got a Snakeskin KE2 from Onlinestagegear new for $1500!), I remember the ass-kicking of Ed Roman, guitar whizzkid Word, all the cool limited edition guitars from Lloyd at GuitarXpress pluss much much more.

It has been ten great years and hopefully I will be a member here for at least another ten years!
            You should be ashamed of yourself after 10 years. Look at your post count!!!
            You want to see pathetic... look at mine!

Comment

LOL! My favorite place to hang out!

Comment

Likewise, for the last 7 years+
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Not sure when the ez board was phased out but I was here before that happened.
                  I know some members lost some post counts and join date/other info but I never even gave that much thought.
                  Last edited by straycat; 11-02-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    If you have a Nov 2002 join date, you were likely here when JCF was on ezboard.
                    yup. You'll notice a whole bunch of us with the Nov 2002 join date. That was the move to the new board

straycat, if you were here in the ezboard days, you must've taken 4 months to get around to signing up again
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yup, I've been here since the old ezboard days too so I got the Nov 2002 sign up date here as well. Got a lot of great Jacksons during that time, many from here. Still have them all too as its against my religion to sell any Jackson/Charvels
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I appreciate all the input from you guys in my short time here. I have learned alot. Thanks for sharing the knowledge and opinions.

Comment

...and in 10 years, haven't you learnt anything??

Originally posted by BK View Post

J/K congrats man! I hope to be around that long as well !!
                          Sam

Comment

Another old timer, with a low post count.
                            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              yup. You'll notice a whole bunch of us with the Nov 2002 join date. That was the move to the new board

straycat, if you were here in the ezboard days, you must've taken 4 months to get around to signing up again
                              Thats very possible G I was on the road a lot back then.
                              When did CC shut down? I just got to wondering about that old site too.

Comment

Working...
                              X