I miss hockey. :\

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss hockey. :\

No hockey is boring. At least the world series is over and I don't have to deal with baseball on tv for a little while. They're so fucking greedy... no games is bad for the economy, bad for the owners, bad for the players, bad for all the local pubs and places hosting the shows. Bleh.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

There's lots of hockey being played still, just not the big televised presence. I wish the sports networks would start broadcasting the KHL games, that would probably get the NHL more motivated to get a deal done, and watching the highlights it seems like good hockey.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Couldn't agree with both of you any more. At least there's been some AHL and QMJHL games televised here recently. For now it's better than nothing. I agree that greed the great motivator, but I tend to side with the owners on this one. If the team loses money it's only a matter of time before they fold or move. Hell, it wasn't that long ago that Mario was shopping/selling the Penguins. The teams ultimately have to stay profitable if we're going to keep the teams we love. The players make a hell of a lot of money, but are still trying to find a way to get deeper into the owners pockets. The players get their fair share, so my sympathy for the players is in the dictionary between shit and syphillus right now... Still a friggin' bummer if you ask me, but the hand writing was on the wall when they brought in Fehr. Look at how terrible the MLB is right now and look who was guiding their players association...

Comment

I miss hockey too and am tired of owners causing this crap of "HURR WE'RE GONNA OFFER YOU $X AMOUNT OF MONEY TO PLAY FOR OUR TEAMS AND MAKE YOU SIGN CONTRACTS OBLIGATING YOURSELVES TO OUR TEAMS THEN WE'RE GONNA LOCK YOU OUT UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO GET PAID LESS" crap. The owners really need to stop these lockouts.

Where have KHL games been televised? I've heard quite a few people mention they have been but haven't said when or where. I know quite a few NHL players are in the KHL playing right now.

Comment

I haven't tried to look very hard, but I scan the channel guide. I haven't seen any of the other leagues, AHL, CHL, KHL, etc... play at all.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I haven't seen any KHL games televised. The AHL and QMJHL games I've seen were on the NHL channel and the Fox Sports Net channels. I've noticed several Fox Sports Net channels replaying past games too.

Comment

F1 is still on so I'm not missing hockey right now, but once its over....I TOO, am going to miss hockey

ALL of them are a bunch of selfish assholes.....the whole lot. Players, owners, bettmen is a fukin dick head. Its just one complete FAIL.
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                bettmen is a fukin dick head.

Bettman is just the mouthpiece of the owners who only does what the owners want him to do. He gets to take the heat while the owners enjoy near-anonimity.

Things would be different if people could see the faces of team owners to know who they are and to have they themselves raked through the mud by the media and everyone else every time they do this instead of having them hide behind Bettman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                  Bettman is just the mouthpiece of the owners who only does what the owners want him to do. He gets to take the heat while the owners enjoy near-anonimity.

Things would be different if people could see the faces of team owners to know who they are and to have they themselves raked through the mud by the media and everyone else every time they do this instead of having them hide behind Bettman.
                  The team owners are dickheads as well. For having such an idiot represent them. There’s no victims here. (Well fans are) All of them are to blame. Including the players.

Bettman, IS a dickhead. He's smug and arrogant. When he speaks I feel violent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                    Bettman is just the mouthpiece of the owners who only does what the owners want him to do.
                    Not true if you believe this article...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...wners_silence/
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                      There’s no victims here. (Well fans are)

The shit-wage employees of arenas who's jobs are up in the air now.

Well at least a lot of cities also use the same arenas for basketball so some of the shit-wagers selling concessions can still work

And Hellbat that's an interesting article. Gives me some clarity to think about. It basically sounds like the large-market teams with high revenue rule the league and isolate the smaller-market teams.

And the funny thing is it's the small-market teams that need player concessions and caps moreso than the larger teams do but they're the ones not being given much of a vote.

Realistically, No sports league will truely be "fair, balanced, and equal" unless all teams limit their ticket sales, merch sales, broadcast revenue, etc. to the levels of the weakest team so no team earns a penny more than the other. And that'll never ever happen.

Comment

Sports is like life. There will always be haves and have-nots.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Really feeling it now too, now that the World Series is over and I could care less for NBA I have 2 sport days primarily, CFB on Saturday and NFL on Sunday
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I refuse to take sides because neither right. There’s little to no communication and there’s little to no flexibility from either side. I’m not going to claim that I know all the intricacies of this situation because I most certainly don’t. What I do know, is we are talking about a whole fukin SHIT load of money and to suggest the two sides can’t come to an agreement, or somehow meet in the middle is fukin bullshit. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                              Sports is like life. There will always be haves and have-nots.

And there'll always be people who sabotage everything for an unrealistic notion of fairness that no one really wants as in the end everyone is out for himself, and only uses words like "Fairness" to justify taking from the guy who has more than you regardless of circumstances that led to him having more than you

Comment

Working...
                              X