Best Place to Sell LP Albums (vinyl).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Place to Sell LP Albums (vinyl).

I have a few old LP albums ranging from early 70's rock to late 80's metal along with classical guitar that I got after my brothers death. I have no use for them expect maybe keeping albums like Iron Maiden for man cave wall decorations.
    I live in a small town that does not have shops that deal in albums. I have checked Ebay but even if the LP is a first edition it is not "the" right pressing for any real money. There are a lot of Jimi Hendrix material that I had never heard of but when I check ebay, they are not worth dealing with. None are factory sealed, they have been played but not damaged except for wear on the covers. I could travel a couple of hours to Atlanta if I knew a place but I have heard that they typically pay $1.00 per album
    Any suggestions?
    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

I don't have any suggestions. But if you find the right place and have the right stuff, you can get some cash for them. I took what was left of my collection into a used record store with my dad when he was looking to sell his. I think i had something like 27 LP's and i got 75 bucks for them. A lot of it was metal, and the guy said this stuff is sought after apparently. I was surpirised at the amount of people in and out of the place during the hour and a half or so we were there. I also found myself like a kid in a candy store wanting to buy piles of shit myself, lol.

The big money ones that i had - at least 2 that i remember were original pressings of Shout at the Devil and Master of Puppets - i think i got about 11 bucks a piece for them (something like that) as they were mint with the plastic and all inner sleeves..they probably were put out on the shelf way over double that. By comparison my dad had about 6 orange crates full of shit from the 50's to early 80's mostly top 10 stuff, popular music, and he got something like 300 bucks for them all plus 2 turn tables. So it really depends on what you have. It seemed like the more popular it is the less it's worth, just because of the sheer volume in the market.

Comment

Thanks, that is what I have heard about the sheer volume. Maybe I should look for bands I am unfamiliar with and check them on ebay. I wonder if there is a classical guitar market?
      No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Try discogs.com, there's a marketplace where you can sell your collection and there are no insertion fees. Send me a list of stuff you're selling, i might be interested!
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

If you have Maiden picture discs, PM me

Comment

Unless it's something really rare and really desirable... most of the stuff you would think as possibly being rare are worth a buck or two each. If there's a specific market you have, some of your 70's and 80's metal might sell for twice that if you find the right buyers. Most of the vinyl that's worth money are relatively recent released limited custom pressings done by bands for their fans.

Just check ebay or that site Devotee listed and see what your stuff will bring. You might be lucky and have a few. I had some really rare classical pressings that cost hundreds of dollars when it was issued, they ended up selling for like $3-$5 a piece. I tossed most of that into the 40 yard container when I moved out of my house.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

There is a place here called Size Records, they kick ass, they love vinyl..and musicians..they stock on lots of great stuff for us guitar/music nuts...

http://sizerecs.com/

Comment

Working...
              X