No more beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more beer?

So about three days ago my foot swelled up and became very tender and hot to the touch. I went to the doctor today and he took one look at my foot and said I think you have gout. We are awaiting the return of blood tests but for now no beer or red meat. This sucks!

Brutal.

Comment

that sucks. Get better, man.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Tell 'em "chop it off and pass me a beer!"

Seriously, that sucks. Hope it works out for you.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Eat cherries. They have a component in them that breaks down the crystals that form and cause the gout. Plus they are tasty and help you to poo regular as bonuses!
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

How about Kriek cherry beer then? Only problem is it's awful! On a more serious note, sorry to hear about your ailment. I certainly would be one grumpy fellow if I wasn't allowed to drink beer for a while.

Comment

That really sucks!! Let us know how you're doing.
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Gout? isn't that something from like the 1940's?

Either way, no beer sucks fukin ass dude....I feel your pain
                -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Damn man, that sucks gout can be painful i've heard. How about Liquor?

Comment

Alcohol and gout

Clinical bottom line

Compared with people without gout, those who do have gout drink more alcohol. Alcohol consumption in regular users increases serum uric acid concentrations. People with gout should probably avoid alcohol.
                    http://www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandoli...t/alcgout.html

“But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

I knew a guy that would occasionally get gout in his neck. He often described it as the worst hell on earth.

Comment

I have gout....and while it sounds awful, Gout is just a shitty name for a type of arthritis. It was also called "rich mans disease" long ago, as all the good stuff that causes it was only affordable for the rich people. (red meat, alcohol, etc.)I used to get the "flares" on the ball of my right foot. It would be swollen, red, and unbelievably painful for days at a time. Just dragging a sheet or blanket across the foot would cause serious pain.

My podiatrist showed me a little diagram...he said because of the high uric acid, these crystals form...and they look kinda like little needles...so you can imagine what that would be like in your joints. Especially on your foot, right?

After consulting with the doctor, I got a prescription for Allopurinol. One tablet daily...for the rest of my life.

They say alcohol and red meat should be avoided in excess...but I still drink a few beers and have not had any real flare ups in the last 4-5 years. Occasionally, I can kind of feel one brewing...so I gotta take it easy.

It's not something you want, that's for sure...during a full on "attack", it makes a guy miserable.

Comment

Yeah a friend of my dad's used to get flare ups in his foot pretty often. He actually built a box he could put his foot in at night when he went to sleep to prevent it from making contact with his blanket, and even the air from the AC!

Comment

Don't forget the cherries!

http://www.naturalnews.com/026091_cherries_gout.html
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X