X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone else like Ron (RacerX)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1937902.html

Sam

I misread. I thought you were someone else likes Ron. But that couldn't be true.

good article. I loved this bit:

"People have built a bit of their self-image on the idea that 'I'm a smart person even though I don't care about grammar,'" he said. "I poked their bubble, and they lashed out."
    Last edited by VitaminG; 10-10-2012, 06:16 PM.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I understand what this guy is getting at. I don't really care how other people write as long as there is some effort. My grammar isn't perfect but I at least capitalize and use full words.

I mean...

dmn that atricle mad kewl yo he weas all like bitch you talk like shit now gtfo

Comment

"The person who has decided to not care about grammar is not the kind of person I want to work with," Wiens said. "I understand missing a comma, but if you use 'to,' 'too' and 'two' incorrectly, it shows me you have no idea what you're talking about. There's a very big difference between a typo and something that makes it clear you're fundamentally incompetent."
        "...something that makes it clear you're fundamentally incompetent."

I think I have a man-crush.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Grammar is important I agree with his approach.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Grammar is important, I agree with his approach.
            Fixed that for you.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              Fixed that for you.
              hahaHaha..
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                Fixed that for you.
                Actually, I think either a period or semicolon would work, but not a comma. Unless the Queen's English allows for such a thing

Comment

Yes, they are two separate statements. The comma should be a period.

Comment

All of you are HIRED!!
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      All of you are HIRED!!
                      I've actually thrown away job applications for things like txt speak and horrible spelling.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I love it.

And I agree with all of it.
                        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I totally agree with him! When I see craigslist ad's for stuff, you always see a bunch of dip shit's that can't even spell what their selling. I was selling some stuff and some guy sent me an email that said, "ill be buy to get dem."

They guy came by and he was exactly the way I thought he would be. Totally ghetto!
                            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                              I totally agree with him! When I see craigslist ad's for stuff, you always see a bunch of dip shit's that can't even spell what their selling.
                              Maybe you should work harder yourself. Ads and dip shits have no need for an apostrophe. And THEIR is also not the word you're trying to use in this context. It's THEY'RE (they are).
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X