The Eagle has Landed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagle has Landed....

Saxon is/was one of the greatest metal bands ever....Just been re-visiting their catalog. Unmatched. My dream bill back in the early '80's was Saxon, Maiden and Priest in that order of appearance. Never happened.

Check it out if you're not familiar with them, they sound better than ever nowadays.

The Power And The Glory.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtPuf...eature=related

The Eagle Has Landed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU6j3...eature=related

Crusader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibyp4...feature=relmfu
    Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 09-30-2012, 03:11 PM.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

I love Saxon! My favorite song is "Crusader".
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Saxon used to tour with Accept a lot, and that was always a great show. I saw them a number different times together back in the 80's. Saxon was kinda cheesy nordic metal, but it was great back in the day. Back then I liked them about the same, but I liked Accept a little more. I think Accept still has the better music though. No dig against Saxon though. I proudly wore their T's.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

OK so enlighten us all Xeno....

If Saxon is 'Cheezy Nordic Metal' what are Maiden and Priest>>>>???????????????

Perhaps 'Beyond The Hallowed Realms Of 666 Cheezy'???
        Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Saxon Rules, their songs just suck you in. Power and the Glory \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
            OK so enlighten us all Xeno....

If Saxon is 'Cheezy Nordic Metal' what are Maiden and Priest>>>>???????????????

Perhaps 'Beyond The Hallowed Realms Of 666 Cheezy'???
            /facepalm

Maybe you should actually listen to some of Saxon's lyrics.

And sorry if I offended your spandex panties, I did say I was a fan and I actually did go to see them.

Seriously, take some midol. :P

Oh, and I STILL have their vinyl in my storage locker.

I'm also fairy certain I still have my ticket stubs.... PROVE you even liked metal back in the day, girl. I'll bet you $100 you were beatin it to Michael Jackson
            Last edited by xenophobe; 09-30-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              /facepalm

...or maybe you should listen to some of Priest's & Maiden's lyrics!! No more or LESS cheezy.

Love all three bands btw.....just don't get your tag of 'Cheezy Nordic Metal'

They're ALL Limey bands after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2igdE6yUQg
              Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 09-30-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                /facepalm

And sorry if I offended your spandex panties, I did say I was a fan and I actually did go to see them.

Seriously, take some midol. :P

Oh, and I STILL have their vinyl in my storage locker.

I'm also fairy certain I still have my ticket stubs.... PROVE you even liked metal back in the day, girl. I'll bet you $100 you were beatin it to Michael Jackson
                You know, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...maybe you didn't take your meds today. Actually most days it seems.

But seriously, you could take at least ONE dayoff of being an asshole.

Opinions, like assholes are common...but really dude. Maybe lighten up once in a blue moon. It's not entertaining and only shows how BIG your ass is.....

You aren't the only one who lived thru the '80's.
                Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 09-30-2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I have a bunch of Saxon vinyl in VG condition.
                  Not to jump in negatively on a thread (not my style), I listened a bit and
                  got turned off by the forced vocals...or something didn't strike me right.
                  Krokus was easily 50 times as cheesy but I liked it...who knows.
                  Yes, I am a Priest fan from way back.

Can't say I don't like Maiden, just never enough to go out and buy their music.
                  I have enjoyed the shows at times.
                  Last edited by Cygnus X1; 09-30-2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I think Saxon hit a peak with Crusader and then for some reason, just tanked. I remember hearing about some members complaining about the Biff Biford show, so maybe they arent remembered as well as Maiden or Priest because they just couldnt keep it together. Denim & Leather; Power & The Glory; Crusader are all classics. Maybe they were limited musically because they couldnt work together. This will always be fucking awesome:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMGm2k0yOHQ

Comment

You know, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...maybe you didn't take your meds today. Actually most days it seems.

But seriously, you could take at least ONE dayoff of being an asshole.

Opinions, like assholes are common...but really dude. Maybe lighten up once in a blue moon. It's not entertaining and only shows how BIG your ass is.....

You aren't the only one who lived thru the '80's.

It's ok. I got my karma today, I went looking and I couldn't find any of my ticket stubs from '83-'84. Oh well, I only cared about my US'83 and Dio Holy Diver stubs.

And to be fair, you jumped on me first. I said I was a fan. I still like them. :P

BTW, I usually AM overly-medicated when I'm playing internet.
                      Last edited by xenophobe; 09-30-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

When i'm in the mood for cheesy nordic metal i just whip out Manowar.
                        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Nordic Cheese?

Comment

I love me some Carnivore. Or even some WASP if I'm feeling extremely cheesy. How about GWAR.

Seriously, there were tons of cheesy bands out there that we all loved. Stryper? I recently went to see Y&T play. I hadn't seen them in ages. Was a great show and brought back a lot of cool memories. Was I cheezed out when I heard them play Dirty Girl or Summertime Girls? You bet. They're especially horrible when you see someone covering them, but they were even painful to watch as Y&T played them...

Comment

Saxon is/was one of the greatest metal bands ever
                              AGREED
                              ....Just been re-visiting their catalog.The Power And The Glory.
                              I posted this video 2 years ago. I'd love to buy the whole concert if anyone knows if it's available. I think they sound awesome at that show, and I usually only like studio versions.

They are one of the only groups that I still actively look for CDs for. I have the vinyl but want the CD's I have a huge shopping cart on Amazon full of Saxon stuff, but I haven't completed the purchase yet.
                              Last edited by DonP; 09-30-2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X