Ar 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ar 15

Sold a strat and got a new AR and pocketed some cash A very good day.
    Palmetto Armory AR-15 M4 flat top with magpul iron sights.Both 223 and 5.56.The last DPMS I had was 5.56 only
    Chrome lined barrel 6 position stock.
    Real tight gun no gaps between the upper and lower.
    Can't wait to go try it out.

Last edited by straycat; 09-26-2012, 08:54 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

damn nice!!! I want one of those so much!!! I just cant justify it, but I want one.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
      damn nice!!! I want one of those so much!!! I just cant justify it, but I want one.
      Ditto.

Comment

Grats! Now it's hungry... go feed it!

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Real tight gun no gaps between the upper and lower.
        That doesn't really matter though. Just saying.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I keep my eyes on AR's and this one had the features I wanted at a fair price.
          Looked at the S&W models and they were around a grand which was out of my range.
          Some of the more budget versions don't have a chrome lined barrel which is one option I like.
          I like the A-1 and A-2 sights more than a flat top but this had the $60 buck magpul iron sights so I can live with that.
          I'm not into quad rails and all the attachments just give me a basic M4 and I'm good.
          This one came to $730.00 which I thought was a fair price Don't think I could build one for less.
          I used to build Bushmaster parts guns and thought they were ok.Not a real tight gun.
          The guy that owned Bushmaster owns Windam Arms now and they range around $ 850.00 for a basic gun.
          Spec ops makes a nice one too around $700.00.
          Last edited by straycat; 09-26-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

A1 sights absolutely suck. A2 sights are great. A3 sights are basically the same thing, just detachable.

Definitely a great, basic M4. Can't go wrong with that!
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Never had a problem with the A-1 sights thats what I had on my Car 15.Just had to carry a bullet in my pocket to adjust it if I had to.
              1 in 12 twist rate so no long distance involved whatever you hit it ripped a huge exit hole.
              Last edited by straycat; 09-26-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Ok talk to me like I am a dumb fuck. I am a pistol guy. I don't know shit about ARs. But I know there are a TON of options builders. Caliber a. Etcc. What can a guy by a decent A.R. 15 for?? What is the most common caliber and what are the must-have features? We are talking practical here now nothing over-the-top fancy but nothing cheap. Just a good meat and potatoes middle-of-the-road A.R. 15. What is the most common caliber that is easiest to get ammunition for what are the better brands and what are the most usable options And of course what is the cost??
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Sweet gun Stray, I'll have to come down and play with you sometime. My 13 year old is riding my ass because I don't take him shooting enough

Tone,

I went AK47. 7.62x39 ammo I stocked up on about $.22 per round. Mine has the quad rails all around, I have a 75 drum and 5 30mm mags. My son's (17 and 13) can strip and rebuild it faster than me. The extras are fairly cheap.

My older son wants an AR-15. I may get one that fires .22s so that it will be cheap to feed, but if I get another assualt gun, it'll likely be another AK. Cheap, reliable and easy to maintain, and if you get into a Xeno or Zombie fight, I want to be throwing out big chunks of lead

Some guys at my local monthly gun show have a milled receiver AK-47 for $950. I would think that would be the top of the line model, but I've seen more pricier ones.

Last edited by DonP; 09-27-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Tone, I will start off by recommending a Windham AR. Common sizes are .223 and 5.56mm. You can also find them in 7.62x39mm and .308.

You can shoot .223 though 5.56, but, I don't recommend shooting 5.56 through .223 as the breach pressure may be too high.-lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Lou is right find one with the 5.56 NATO marked barrel.Most of the modern variants handle both well.
                      Windham is owned and built by the previous owner of Bushmaster so its a quality gun around $850 for the basic model.
                      There are 3 companies that build the lower receivers so they are all the same essentially.
                      Mine was $730 with the magpul iron sight BTW.I thought that was a good price.It has the chrome lined barrel too which I wanted some do not.
                      Colt and Armalite will cost $1000-1200 for the base model.
                      Spec ops is another good gun around $760.00.
                      DPMS offer base models too around that price.
                      There are tons of makers of these so go with the one that has the features you want.

Comment

Hay-Zeus Christo, don't fuck with Stray.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Tommy no fear needed I'm laid back...................................unless a coyote shows up.

Comment

i've never fired a real gun in my entire life. I had BB Rifles growing up, and we would shoot poor Mrs. Hicks' purse while she would walk her dog
                            past my house everyday. It would always hang off to the side while she would try to keep up with her dog. When the dog would stop for a piss,
                            it was purse shootin' time. We had a scope so it was impossible to miss. Her expression of confusion on her face as to what the fuck is that noise
                            was a laugh riot for my friends and I. Had to be there, it really was funny as hell.

Comment

that thing looks and probably sounds just like what Eddie van Halen was holding on the back cover of their 1st album.
                              Nice gig bag too, you need to christen it with a gun pot hit. You must bless the weapon Stray.

Comment

Working...
                              X