Indonesia!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesia!!!

I don't know how you folks feel about it but I'll be damned if I buy another guitar made in a country that openly hates America and burns US flags in front of news cameras. I don't care that Fender/Jackson is an American company, they are paying workers in Indonesia to build them. Not to mention all the other products Americans buy that supports their economy. I don't care if the guitar is already here and used I won't own it even if you paid me to take it! I am sick of countries burning our flag and hating us. All the while we buy products they make and keep them in a job. I'm done with it!
    Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
    2007 Jackson DK2M
    1983 Kramer Pacer Special
    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
    2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

your anger is justifed, but try and look a little deeper into why things are at their present state. the jobs they have
    don't exactly pay the bills, that's why the jobs are over there.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Not everyone hates us over there. Now if it was the factory workers saying they hate us that would be a different story.

Comment

I know I'm painting with a broad brush but if there are decent people working over there they need to put a gag on all the haters. It's hard to know which persons think or feel the same way but since a stupid video started this whole thing the anti-American anti-Christen feeling is had by a majority. I'm usually all about respecting the rights of others to protest but a video? obviously, in their eyes, the whole freedom of speech thing is only supposed to go one way.
        So, you think we can get the whole "Occupy" movement to take their cause to the middle east? you know, stand up for the silent minority of people who like america?

Currently Shredding:
        2007 Jackson DK2M
        2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

think of what it is like for alot people in the middle east. most are unemployed, most are very poor, most probably are not getting laid,
          and the only news they are able to receive in many cases is the imperialism of the US, and that they should hate us.
          It's a part of the world that has remianed the same since the days long before Christ. There are more problems to try and
          solve there possibly as there are right here at home. I'd say if you are lucky enough to find a guitar that you love, stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
            I know I'm painting with a broad brush but if there are decent people working over there they need to put a gag on all the haters. It's hard to know which persons think or feel the same way but since a stupid video started this whole thing the anti-American anti-Christen feeling is had by a majority. I'm usually all about respecting the rights of others to protest but a video? obviously, in their eyes, the whole freedom of speech thing is only supposed to go one way.
            So, you think we can get the whole "Occupy" movement to take their cause to the middle east? you know, stand up for the silent minority of people who like america?
            Well there's one hell of a contradiction for you. You talk about free speech yet say that they should gag the haters. So now only people that love America can speak up? Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as anyone but you can't preach contradictions like that. According to your way of saying that we should also gag the person that made the video, which btw that video didn't start the mess over there, it was going on long before this happened. The way I see it, one of the problems is one person acts out and we all get labeled because of those actions. Then again, the ones over there burning the flag and such are causing the innocent people over there to be grouped right in with them. where does the circle get broken?
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
              Well there's one hell of a contradiction for you. You talk about free speech yet say that they should gag the haters. So now only people that love America can speak up? Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as anyone but you can't preach contradictions like that. According to your way of saying that we should also gag the person that made the video, which btw that video didn't start the mess over there, it was going on long before this happened. The way I see it, one of the problems is one person acts out and we all get labeled because of those actions. Then again, the ones over there burning the flag and such are causing the innocent people over there to be grouped right in with them. where does the circle get broken?
              fuckin' bullseye.

Comment

A video never justifies murder.
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                  A video never justifies murder.
                  Amen!
                  Libya is a whole other story. As for contradiction, I haven't heard the Indonesian government or groups denounce the actions. Where is the free speech of the person who posted the video. The simple equation is what bothers me. Indonesia produces a TON of products bought by the citizens of the united states. the guy that lit the flag on fire may not work at the plant that builds jacksons, or Ibanez, or any other brand, but he benefits from the money supporting their economy.
                  If you were to give me money for both products and "aid" and I was to flip you off and say how bad you are would you be happy about giving me money? would you keep doing it?
                  What sanctions are being placed against Egypt and Libya?
                  I don't question anyones love for america on here, just saying I'm tired of supporting the economies of people who would rather kill me as look at me.

Currently Shredding:
                  2007 Jackson DK2M
                  2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Israel and Egypt receive about a third of our foreign aid. But forget the who, why are we giving foreign aid to anyone? We are about to hit 16 trillion in debt, our true unemployment is more like 20%, and we're giving money we don't have to other countries?

Comment

Of course they hate yanks because you're a bunch of pussies right now, but they love you when you send them weapons. Put that fascist prick with a bad accent in charge again... you know... Kissinger. If they can whack half a population in East Timor again I'm sure their needs will be satisfied and they will leave sensitive westerners alone for a while.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Before you guys go off, do we even know any Jacksons are made in Indonesia? I've only heard conjecture & rumors.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Before you guys go off, do we even know any Jacksons are made in Indonesia? I've only heard conjecture & rumors.
                          you have a point there X. Samick is the biggest manufacturer there. Gibson, Fender and Ibanez have guitars made there. I too have read about the new run coming from there so just covering my boycott bases.

Currently Shredding:
                          2007 Jackson DK2M
                          2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            Of course they hate yanks because you're a bunch of pussies right now, but they love you when you send them weapons. Put that fascist prick with a bad accent in charge again... you know... Kissinger. If they can whack half a population in East Timor again I'm sure their needs will be satisfied and they will leave sensitive westerners alone for a while.
                            And when the U.S. is not sending weapons, the Soviet Union, China, France, or England is. Ironic how these 5 are the 5 permanent
                            members of the U.N.

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
                              you mean like how well you gag haters within your own country? How you going shutting down that radical fag-hating church group that keeps picketing the funerals of servicemen & women? The rest of the world must figure everyone in the US is just like them, right?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X