Favorite Slayer solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Slayer solo

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

yeah when it comes to slayer its not that much of a solo, better rename to: Favorite Slayer Solo Attempt
    anyway I love them for who they are, better to vote about best slayer riff, which is gonna be a lot more interesting
    What do you think?

Comment

my fav slayer riff is mandatory suicide, I agree the solo's question is silly to me. The solo breaks lack musicality and are an excuse for whammy wankery and chromaticism.

Edited my typo before Ron gets upset
      Last edited by Jayster; 09-16-2012, 10:40 AM.
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Slayer solos are chaotic chromatic whammydom, and anything else would not fit their songs. Going with solos, I always liked how Captor of Sin opened with Jeff's solo, w his trusty Jackson of course!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ur7qFZ8Mk
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Ghosts of War.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
            Slayer solos are chaotic chromatic whammydom, and anything else would not fit their songs. Going with solos, I always liked how Captor of Sin opened with Jeff's solo, w his trusty Jackson of course!:
            That's what first came to mind for me too, though they have a bunch of killer solos. What they play fits the music perfectly and that's what matters. War Ensemble also comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Ghosts of War.
              I think of this song when kick ass drums is the topic. Though, Jeff's 2nd solo is pretty cool.

Here's a short clip of Lombardo killing it from behind his kit:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j28BY...eature=related
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Jeff's solo in seasons in the abyss...then Kerry steps up to the plate...sigh....

Comment

Just reading "Slayer solo" makes my mind pause for a second. I prefer to call those portions in Slayer tunes "semi structered guitar noise instances". LOL.

As far as a favorite riff goes, I really couldn't pick only one. Its like trying to pick only one favorite Pantera riff. It just can't be done.
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                    Jeff's solo in seasons in the abyss...then Kerry steps up to the plate...sigh....
                    +1, but best Slayer solo ever is KK in Bloodline
                    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                      I think of this song when kick ass drums is the topic. Though, Jeff's 2nd solo is pretty cool.

Here's a short clip of Lombardo killing it from behind his kit:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j28BY...eature=related
                      Dave always kills it behind the kit! I always thought Jeff was the better player, but Kerry is pretty good, too. Slayer is Slayer and wouldn't be the same if they didn't do what they've pretty much always done.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Evil Has No Boundaries. One of the best solos ever. For the geeks who jerk it to sheet music and metronomes, if it was so easy to be Slayer how comes there is only 1 Slayer?...................

Comment

its never easy to be slayer...they have some of the fastest picks on their songs(of course its thrash), they have great riffs and they are special in the way they writte ,different from others.It comes that there is only 1 slayer because their is the music bussiness beign involved, as far as I'm concerned and they were inovators at the time they started

Comment

I like the one where they use the "whammy bar"

Comment

Slayer solos suck.

Their hooks and rhythms are epic. So many good ones.

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X