Guitar Strap Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Strap Quest

I found a cool guitar strap that I would like to get but it seems impossible to figure out how to buy it. I stumbled onto it through a catalog on a site for a musical instrument distributor in the UK (John Hornby Skews & Co. Ltd). I've emailed them twice with no answer (not sure how they do business) but anyway.......

The strap is made by Eagle Mountain Strap Co. in the US but I can't find anything on this company or this particular strap other than that catalog.

This is the item # right from the catalog: EMCHVBK – £18.99
    Black leather strap with three white chevrons.
    http://www.jhs.co.uk/eagle.html

Any help or direction on this would be most appreciated. I'm shocked that I could find more information on myself than I could on searching for this company.

Thanks
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Since almost everyone selling these is in the UK ( I have seen a few of their products on Amazon and some local sellers ), I am wondering if it is a marketing/distribution issue......... or, due to the name, maybe it is a Native American company and they have to dance around laws for taxing issues. It seems odd they have no website.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I don't know what the deal is but it's really strange. I mean, you can get just about anything your heart desires from anywhere in the world today without much effort. Except of course this guitar strap. A few online dealers like ZZounds and AMS sell EM straps but not the one that I'm looking for.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Maybe send ZZ or AMS an email seeing if perhaps they can add the product.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I tried. They will not do special orders.

Comment

Fug um. I have a friend who does this kind leather/upholstry work. I'm going to make my own.

Comment

I have a friend here in the UK who runs a music shop. I'm sure he can get hold of JHS gear. I'll see if I might be able to get hold of one for you.

Comment

I could use one of these too...
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

found this on thier website They have a dealer in NJ
                  MUSICAL DISTRIBUTORS GROUP
                  9 MARS COURT
                  UNIT C3 BOONTON
                  NJ 07005
                  USA
                  TELEPHONE: 1-866-632-8346
                  FAX: 973-335-7779
                  EMAIL: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                    found this on thier website They have a dealer in NJ
                    MUSICAL DISTRIBUTORS GROUP
                    9 MARS COURT
                    UNIT C3 BOONTON
                    NJ 07005
                    USA
                    TELEPHONE: 1-866-632-8346
                    FAX: 973-335-7779
                    EMAIL: [email protected]
                    Thanks. I called them when I started looking for this but they don't sell the straps. Based on my conversation with them, I'm not really sure what they do. I think it's a front for someting else.

Comment

My solution? Make friends with a forum member in the UK and have him buy it and ship for you

Comment

Working...
                      X