Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Favoir from San Antonio area JCFers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Favoir from San Antonio area JCFers?

Hey guys, I don't know if this will even be necessary, but let me run it by you.

I recently bought a Vox ADVT30 amp used on Ebay. Paid for it on Monday morning. No word until Wednesday.

On Wednesday the seller contacts me and apologizes for the late reply. He says he wrecked his car and thus the delay, and promises he'll get it out ASAP, and will do his best to get it out by tomorrow (now today). He didn't say anything about being hurt, just that this is a delaying factor, which I understand. I thanked him for the update and wished him the best. Situation sucks and I am sympathetic, of course.

So I am an impatient guy, and start thinking ahead, to "what if" there are more delays? So this morning I sent him a message and asked him what part of town he is in, mentioned this forum and that there are members here who might help me get him a ride if he can't. Frankly I hope this just inspires him to get a ride to UPS and not delay the situation any more, but if it came to it... I would be happy to Paypal someone some gas money. I haven't heard from him yet, and I know it's a big city. I wouldn't want anyone to have to go way out of their way to help me, if someone else lived down the block from him.

As i said, i hope he just gets the amp out on his own, but would like to line up an option if he keeps saying he can't get to UPS due to no car. If he doesn't ship and refuses a ride, then I can figure it's time to file with Paypal for a refund.

EDIT: I guess I can't edit my misspelling of "favor" in the title! OOPS!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Rich...I love you brotherly. But I ain't drivin' to fuggin' Mississippi.

Miiiissssiiiiipppiiii Queeeenahh...ya know what I mean!!!

Hope you doin' good man..prolly better that I. I hope.

Billy
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
      He says he wrecked his car and thus the delay, and promises he'll get it out ASAP, and will do his best to get it out by tomorrow (now today).
      Boy have I heard that one! Read this masterpiece:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/106...bucketbrian45?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That sucks. Good luck.

For some funny reason I can't get this picture out of my head. You contacting Phil Anselmo and have him visit the seller

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          That sucks. Good luck.

For some funny reason I can't get this picture out of my head. You contacting Phil Anselmo and have him visit the seller
          Yeah, Phil can talk to him in his "3 octaves too low voice" and that should scare him enough. On a more serious note, I wish he was in Houston, I would pick it up from him myself and ship it you no problem at all.
          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Funny with Phil, but the guy may be nervous you're gonna send someone with brick-like fists to beat the fuck out of him and take the amp.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Oh, I remember that story well! I am hopeful that this doesn't become anything like that. Just putting out feelers and figured early was better than late!

Bill, I wouldn't inflict the drive OR South Mississippi weather on you, my friend - too hot and humid! Though it is not too bad for August this week! But Hurricane Isaac may be coming up our ass next week. Not the best time for a visit!

Don and Bonghits, yeah, Phil could probably get fast results! Thanks for the moral support! I haven't heard back from the guy yet. Hopefully that means he is getting with it and shipping it based on the idea that I know someone in San Antonio who could show up to his door! Even though I don't, yet! LOL!! I am sure there are a few people around here from there, but I can also understand someone not wanting to get in the middle of a deal. Hopefully he will just get a ride to UPS, Fedex or the Post Office. It would cost about the same to ship it here from any of those at that distance.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Coloradoman is in SA I think....

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                  Funny with Phil, but the guy may be nervous you're gonna send someone with brick-like fists to beat the fuck out of him and take the amp.
                  I sure hope he didn't take it that way! I just put it more like I could probably line up a ride for him if that is the problem. I know not everyone is in a position to get a rental car when theirs is in for repair - I wouldn't be, for example. I have been in a situation where I had sold something on Ebay and my ride was down. Had to get a friend to help me get it to Fedex, so I know it's a drag. But at the same time, I want to forestall the excuse train too, as I have been through this kind of thing before. So if he wants to renege for any reason, no biggie, I just want my money back. But if he means to go through with it, I don't want him to blow me off for 3 weeks because I'm a nice guy either. So I'm being nice with options and offering to help.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post

As i said, i hope he just gets the amp out on his own, but would like to line up an option if he keeps saying he can't get to UPS due to no car.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shi...ed/oncall.html

Tell him UPS does do pick-ups of packages.

If he gives you any more excuses after that, contact the company behind however you paid (credit card or money order) and try to void the charge.

Comment

Ha, this one slipped by me the first time around.

Hey Ron, did you get a cell phone yet or are you still fighting the power?!
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Im here in S/A and might could make something happen, pm me info if he agrees and a number to get in contact, I am sure I can manage to box it up safe if this nimrod cant handle it either.
                        Haters gonna hate
                        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                          Hey Ron, did you get a cell phone yet or are you still fighting the power?!
                          I got 2 now! An iphone that I use as a mini computer, and an old prepaid RAZR.
                          I'm still not that up on texting (I'm using a free program on the iPhone - text me 415-529-7850).

Sorry to hijack your thread, Rich - I should probably start my own thread eh?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I got 2 now! An iphone that I use as a mini computer, and an old prepaid RAZR.
                            I'm still not that up on texting (I'm using a free program on the iPhone - text me 415-529-7850).
                            Ha! Will do. I finally moved to a smart phone earlier this year..although I get better calls on my 5 yr old clam shell!
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

What's the guys name? I've been gigging and running sound here in San Antonio for over 15 years now. There's a chance that I might know him personally or know someone who does.
                              My Toys:
                              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                              '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                              '94 Dinky HX in Black
                              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
                              X